Closed Pass Around - Wolfman WR1-DC DE Razor - COMPLETE

Arrived yesterday but only picked up first thing, so early in fact that even managed to get the wife to have first dibs and a test as well.

Like me, she couldn't tell the difference between the OC and closed comb. Both feel the same, very smooth and safe even though I had a mediocre brand new blade. Whether I'd use a Feather in it is another point entirely.

The build quality and heft in the hand is spot on and I kind of like the handle design? I did find my grip and fingers wandering little between passes to find the most comfortable position but comfy none the less.

Biggest downside (apart from cost and availability) is the blade loading?! Loaded 2 different blades, one for me and one for the wife and both times had difficulty in lining the tabs up properly or safely come to that? However, when the handle screws in its a well oiled machine and fits lovely.

I never took to the Feather ASD2 or the Mongoose but this one, straight from the box, fantastic razor and looking forward to more shaves with it.

Would I get one? Hmmm, I'll come back to you on that one.

FB_IMG_1452238024246.jpg

3rd shave

FB_IMG_1452532627048.jpg

Not much to add to the points already stated but can't really tell the difference between the OC and SB? I use the OC first but for no real reason?

What a nice razor, thanks for putting this out there.

Quick little touch up shave from last night. Didn't need to of course but did a 1 1/2 pass anyways. I suppose I just wanted to see if this could in fact be an everyday shaver or would it be to harsh / aggressive for it? Answer? Nope, just fine, although I did just use the closed comb side.

FB_IMG_1452598545539.jpg

I'll have a final shave tomorrow before being sent back to Base Camp drawing this pass around to a close.

Indeed so, Martin. And further thanks from me for allowing me, and everyone else, the use of it. Can't speak for anyone else but can say without a shadow of doubt that if it had been available to buy in the same way that most others are....then I would own one right now. It would almost certainly have been the same gap as yours, for it felt absolutely spot on. I agree it's the one to judge others by. I loved it.

But I'm content to let the dust and excitement settle and if they, eventually, become freely available then I'll hope to get one - but for now I've dismissed it due to the fever and the clamour to lay one's hands on one.

The AS-D2 continues to entertain and perplex in equal measure....some days it amazes and delights - other days it's only a few hours after shaving with it that I feel the need to shave again. Hence the Ikon O/C DLC baseplate and (soon ) the B1 baseplate to pair with it. They do give the Feather the extra bite to make it that much more efficient on days when a closer/longer lasting shave is desired.

Re. the Wolfy, there are loads of bods on other sites who keep advertising for one and I think there are one or more fellas here who yearn to own one. When/if things settle I'll seek one out but will put it on the back burner for now...for no other reason than I don't have the long term patience to wait and wait and wait. If one drops in my lap then I'll be a happy man...but that's not gonna happen.

Well said @DevonStan, I too am not interested in razors that you can't easily buy, hence why I wasn't fussed about this pass around. As good/superb it may well be, it's gonna be a pisser if it clicks and you can't buy one!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom