Closed Pass around: Option Five - Finished.

Belated confirmation of its safe arrival with me - SWMBO signed for it while I was away on a trip until yesterday and everything looks fine. Thanks to all concerned.
Thank you. The list preliminarily looks like this right now...
  1. sɐǝɹpu∀ / riverrun (ATG/TSR)
  2. p.b (ATG)
  3. Rowlers (ATG)
  4. Blademonkey (TSR)
  5. Mr_Smartepants (ATG/TSR)
  6. Les Dupondt (TSR)
  7. Whosthedaddy (TSR)
  8. Mr Bigmem (ATG/TSR)
  9. Wayne Pritchard (TSR)
  10. matt925b (TSR)
  11. You?
The list is open.
Legend: Completed, Currently with, Waiting

I've only had the chance of a couple of shaves with the razor due to competing demands of a trip abroad and my new RazoRock Hawk, but I don't want to hold it up any more. So, @Whosthedaddy , if you PM me your details, I'll get the razor on its way to you.

I enjoyed my shaves, but the razor's not for me. Aesthetically, I can see how it divides opinions: it reminded me of those articles in the 1950s and 1960s that looked forward to the 2000s, predicting that we'd all be travelling in jet cars and the like; and I could see someone predicting back then that we'd all be shaving with futuristic-looking DE razors like this. Personally, I like the design with its sleek looks and brushed metal finish. Blade insertion and removal is easy with the removable top cap, and the ends of the blades are entirely covered. No alignment issues with the blade I used.

The shave quality was good: not far short of a BBS, but still short. In truth, I rarely get a BBS from a closed comb razor but I'd say this was the most assertive of all the ones I've had or used, with the exception of the adjustables. The shave was very smooth and irritation free, so for those days when a milder shave is in order, this would be a contender.

The kicker for me was its size and weight: it's just far too bulky and heavy to be comfortable. It's OK when you're holding the razor at its balance point, but when I dropped my grip towards the end of the razor for some S-N passes, it became quite unwieldy and I didn't feel quite in 100% control of it. That's a shame, as there's no reason for it to be this size and weight other than to give the impression of solidity and build quality. I like a razor with heft, but this goes too far for me.

But, as always, it's great to have the opportunity to try it out so renewed thanks to all involved.

@Whosthedaddy is not replying, @Mr Bigmem should receive the Asylum RX, so the list now looks like this:
  1. sɐǝɹpu∀ / riverrun (ATG/TSR)
  2. p.b (ATG)
  3. Rowlers (ATG)
  4. Blademonkey (TSR)
  5. Mr_Smartepants (ATG/TSR)
  6. Les Dupondt (TSR)
  7. Whosthedaddy (AWOL - TSR)
  8. Wayne Pritchard (TSR)
  9. Mr Bigmem (ATG/TSR)
  10. matt925b (TSR)
  11. You?
The list is open.