Active Pass Around: Fatboy

Hahaha LMAO yeah where's my cuppa! Not at all Dave, was a pleasure to meet you and I'm grateful for the decant of Barbicide, that was a great thought. Indeed I hope you enjoy the FB as much as I did. Today I will be using my Tech with the Astra SP. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

First shave with the Fatboy.

Fresh Astra SP on setting 5.

With the first stroke my thoughts were, this is lovely and smooth or I need a higher setting. I decided not to change anything and see what the final result was.

I was aware of the bulk of the head as I shaved under my nose but it wasn't an issue, during the shave I had one senior moment at the fold between top lip and moustache area, felt the sting and for a couple of seconds thought I'd avoided any leakage but a little spot of blood appeared.

I had a little more indication from the Alum block on my neck than usual but nothing significant.

The result was a fantastic shave equal to anything I've achieved previously, a smooth comfortable face feeler.

I will be leaving it on setting 5 for my second shave.

First shave with the Fatboy.

Fresh Astra SP on setting 5.

With the first stroke my thoughts were, this is lovely and smooth or I need a higher setting. I decided not to change anything and see what the final result was.

I was aware of the bulk of the head as I shaved under my nose but it wasn't an issue, during the shave I had one senior moment at the fold between top lip and moustache area, felt the sting and for a couple of seconds thought I'd avoided any leakage but a little spot of blood appeared.

I had a little more indication from the Alum block on my neck than usual but nothing significant.

The result was a fantastic shave equal to anything I've achieved previously, a smooth comfortable face feeler.

I will be leaving it on setting 5 for my second shave.

Not sure if Fatboy and slim are the same, but I like the Slim at a 5 as well. I originally went from 1-9 and decided 5 was the best for a decent shave. (y)

I came to the conclusion that 5 was enough, having tried it on max just for sh!ts n giggles. I'm now using a Slim on max 5, stepping down for subsequent passes. Hard to say whether FB and Slim are the same settings, they shave similarly but not 100% the same. Both lovely though. I am inclined to think that if you have either, it's all you'll need. Well, except n+1 and all that! Glad you like it Dave.

Back
Top Bottom