Closed Pass Around: Asylum RX - Finished.

Another very solid write-up. Thanks for posting.

Sounds good, thanks for your opinions.

It goes well with the futuristic look of the Asylum RX. I live in easy (for me) walking distance of it so it is my favourite spot to take pictures of shaving gear. I just wish they'd give the railings there a fresh lick of paint.
Ha, that thought hit me when I saw the railings, mind you the barrier could do with a jet wash too! Still a great location though.

Ha, that thought hit me when I saw the railings, mind you the barrier could do with a jet wash too! Still a great location though.
A while ago I went through the hassle of replacing the missing paint in my photo editing software. Works a treat, but I can't be arsed to do it every single time. Maybe I'll get a small sample pot of matching outdoor paint instead

Shave #4
Today sees a change in software. Truefitt&Hill shaving cream is a great performer for me. I managed to get a tub for £4 in a Waitrose 'reduced to clear' bin. In a branch that doesn't sell the stuff. I smeared some on my face and face lathered with the big MÜHLE synthetic. The amount of slick lather produced would have been enough for two shaves easily.
I'm using the same 'KAI Captain Titan Mild' blade as yesterday.
The blade seems a little bit smoother than yesterday. Is it the blade? Is it the lather? No idea.
I insist on my pass around four pass routine WTG/XTG/GTX/ATG. However, after three passes the Asylum RX achieves a smoothness that other razors can't achieve without the ATG pass. So if you're not mad like me and want BBS every time and if you want to avoid shaving ATG, the Asylum is a very good choice.
In summary, I had a very easy, very smooth and very close shave without any accidents or irritation. Alum block and ASL have little to say today. Great result.
I still find the head to wide, especially when shaving under the nose. If the Feather AC blades were the width of an injector blade, everyone would be making reasonably sized SE razors.
Tomorrow I'll use one of the guarded blades, probably the ProGuard.
TBC...