Closed Pass-a-round Alumnigoose

Two shaves in and the Alumigoose is definitely more aggressive and less smooth than the stainless steel Mongoose B2 and B3 razors.

I used a Feather Pro (with 3 previous shaves on it last night) and a Kai Captain tonight. The Feather felt much rougher than I thought it would (it's usually at it's peak in a stainless Mongoose at this stage) and the Kai Captain felt much smoother (I've always struggled with it in a stainless Mongoose). So far it's something of a mixed picture - I have a feeling that this razor will be very blade dependent in order to get the best results out of it.

I've just had my final shave with the Alumigoose this evening and have a few other observations to add to my first post.

Firstly, the razor is definitely more aggressive than a stainless steel Mongoose (either B2 or B3). This has been a consistent factor with every blade I've tried. I would go as far to say that a Kai Captain Mild feels very slightly more aggressive in this razor than a Feather Pro Super does in a standard Mongoose.

Secondly, in my experience, I prefer using it with Kai blades. I didn't notice much difference between Kai Captain and Kai Captain Mild blades when using the razor. They definitely gave a smoother shave than Feather Pro or Super blades though.

Finally, I tried a combination of differing handles (both long and short) and found that a longer handle suits the razor nicely (I settled on a UFO Kaiser 100mm as being the best combination with this head, closely followed a standard Mongoose stainless B2 handle). I found that it was not so much the weight of the head that was the major factor in this choice, but the width of the head. I reckon that this head would pair well with a long Titanium handle as well.

All-in-all, this is a nice razor which, if you find the standard Mongoose to be too mild, is a viable and well made alternative.

The razor is now ready for packaging and will be on it's way to @missingskin in the morning. Many thanks again to @Holyzeus for the opportunity to try out this razor.