Parker three-piece

For some reason I'm wondering about trying a Parker three-piece razor... just curious, I guess, and wondered what they're like. I've heard their QC is a little patchy, but otherwise they're OK.

Does anyone here have any experience of them? Also any idea what are the cast parts made from - brass, white metal, zinc alloy? I've already got an Edwin Jagger EJ89 which I've heard has a white metal/zinc alloy head, but somehow I prefer the idea of cast brass.

I have a 3 piece parker - a 91r. Mine was nickel plated, not sure what the metal underneath was, but the screw in part sheared off inside the handle. I have a spare 91r and sometimes use that but wasn't impressed.
The shave is fairly aggressive on this razor and haven't tried any other parkers.

I have a 98 which was my first DE razor.
It's ok but compared to a newly acquired Merkur it does not seem to have the same build quality.
Having said that,it's been reliable,heavy and seems to shave a little aggressively which I like.

Thanks for the replies. It's not like I need another razor, you understand.

Sounds like I'd do better investing the same money into some other essential item... :shave

I have a number of Parker 3-piece heads, bought from TGN. SO far, I've made one razor from one of these (with a nice briar handle), which I use myself, occasionally. I find them to be way too aggressive for my taste - even after I ground down the ridges on the base plate to decrease the gap...

Back
Top Bottom