Parker Flighter Addict

Hi folks - Nothing particularly highbrow, but I like what I like ...

ACtC-3f9FCYA-34_2V0HqL2ZOP9wgIk1G8HNcSLcOg_s14JLoNofw0U3RxGfnBINLeW3ufEzG4niYzLD4IhaTpldzDyZ1KYmQDUWy7kFFE60bAaxPhIsFRxcAh9oVOf1CHiBSJ20Ih-bulIGfcEYrFdFipHhwg=w1200

ACtC-3eg9JB-VpJlS89TyS00wM5kfiSohCm-HJYmflgGf6TlBBFYWptJae9BGBf4D-Wm9Nw09_7JZ0LjkOd4t1D-pbcUOQs68vE2Lvl13dzgSEK1OZ-mBTwNCAmWXu_QecEPRQNt6DXEeSysXJsE9C9e05-qfw=w1754-h1200

... now to remember exactly what they all are:

Upper Deck
Parker 45 Flighter CT Fountain (Dimpled) F (Made in England UI 1981)
Parker 45 Classic CT Fountain (Dimpled) M (45/Made in UK I.III c.1970-1979)
Parker 45 Flighter CT Ballpoint (Dimpled)
Parker 45 Flighter CT Ballpoint (Dimpled) Lambert & Butler
Parker 15 Flighter CT Fountain (Demonstrator) F (Made in UK II.E 1988) w/Case (Clear)
Parker 15 Neon Green CT Fountain (Demonstrator) M (Made in UK III.N 1989) w/Case (Green)
Parker 15 Neon Orange CT Fountain (Demonstrator) M (Made in UK II.N 1989) w/Case (Orange)
JinHao? Neon Orange Fountain
JinHao? Neon Green Fountain
Parker Frontier (Red/Black) GT Fountain M (Made in USA?)
Parker Frontier (Green/Black) GT Rollerball M (Made in USA 2008 II.E)
Parker Vector Burgundy CT Rollerball
Parker Vector Yellow CT Rollerball (France)
Parker Arrow Amber Laque GT Fountain F

Lower Deck
Parker 15 Flighter (Black) CT Fountain M (Made in UK M 1989 Q4)
Parker 15 (Black) CT Fountain M (Made in UK B ?)
Parker 15 Flighter (Black) CT Rollerball (Made in UK E.II 2008)
Parker 15 (Black) CT Rollerball (Made in UK P.II 2007)
Parker 15 (Coloured - Red) CT Fountain M
Parker 15 (Coloured - Blue) CT Fountain M
Parker Frontier Flighter (Black) CT Fountain F (Made in USA II.Y 1996)
Parker Frontier Classic (Black) CT Fountain M (Made in USA I.E 1998)
Parker Frontier Flighter (Black) CT Rollerball UF (Made in USA Q.II)
Parker Frontier Classic (Black) CT Rollerball UF (Made in USA I.Y)
Parker Vector Flighter (Black) CT Fountain F (Made in UK 2004 T.I) Tube Case w/ Rollerball
Parker Vector Flighter (Black) CT Rollerball UF (Made in France 1990 III.Q) Tube Case w/Fountain
Parker Vector Flighter CT Ballpoint
Parker Vector (Translucent - Red) CT Fountain M (Made in UK 1998 II.E Newhaven)

At the sides (left/right):
Parker 45 Flighter CT Fibretip (Dimpled) ? (Made in England NDC pre-1979)
Pentel MGN6S Fibretip (Japan)

On the buffer:
Parker Jotter Flighter CT Ballpoint (Made in UK 2007 P.III)
Parker Jotter (Black) CT Ballpoint (Made in UK 2000 Q.III)
Parker Jotter (Black) CT Ballpoint Calendar

Inks, I tend to use Quink. Blue/Black. I also have some Herbin which I like in the two coloured 15s - Rouge Caroubier in the red and Éclat de Saphir in the blue.

I've got Parker 0.7 in the rollerballs (generally blue in the Flighter and black in the Black) and UF in the Frontiers which seem to suit a really thin nib. In the ballpoints, it's again, Parker (again, generally blue in the Flighter and black in the Black) and generally medium as I find the fine a bit scratchy in this format.

i do like a pen that's nice to write with. Generally use Pentel Gel pens for everyday.

If you are an Parker afficianado, then perhaps you could identify this one, which i have had since about 1980 (?) - i just really like the look and feel of it and its still going strong, despite many,many refills over the years.

IMAG0623.jpg

ACtC-3f9FCYA-34_2V0HqL2ZOP9wgIk1G8HNcSLcOg_s14JLoNofw0U3RxGfnBINLeW3ufEzG4niYzLD4IhaTpldzDyZ1KYmQDUWy7kFFE60bAaxPhIsFRxcAh9oVOf1CHiBSJ20Ih-bulIGfcEYrFdFipHhwg=w1200

ACtC-3eg9JB-VpJlS89TyS00wM5kfiSohCm-HJYmflgGf6TlBBFYWptJae9BGBf4D-Wm9Nw09_7JZ0LjkOd4t1D-pbcUOQs68vE2Lvl13dzgSEK1OZ-mBTwNCAmWXu_QecEPRQNt6DXEeSysXJsE9C9e05-qfw=w1754-h1200

Upper Deck
Parker 15 Flighter CT Fountain (Demonstrator) F (Made in UK II.E 1988) w/Case (Clear)
Parker 15 Neon Green CT Fountain (Demonstrator) M (Made in UK III.N 1989) w/Case (Green)
Parker 15 Neon Orange CT Fountain (Demonstrator) M (Made in UK II.N 1989) w/Case (Orange)

Lower Deck
Parker Vector Flighter (Black) CT Fountain F (Made in UK 2004 T.I) Tube Case w/ Rollerball
Parker Vector Flighter (Black) CT Rollerball UF (Made in France 1990 III.Q) Tube Case w/Fountain

On the buffer:

Inks, I tend to use Quink. Blue/Black. I also have some Herbin which I like in the two coloured 15s - Rouge Caroubier in the red and Éclat de Saphir in the blue.

I've got Parker 0.7 in the rollerballs (generally blue in the Flighter and black in the Black) and UF in the Frontiers which seem to suit a really thin nib. In the ballpoints, it's again, Parker (again, generally blue in the Flighter and black in the Black) and generally medium as I find the fine a bit scratchy in this format.
That's a great collection and I love the pen box

That's a great collection and I love the pen box

Cheers! I tend to wear a black suit for work and always have a proper pen in my pocket. I have a nice Parker case that takes two pens - I take a fountain and a rollerball. Oddly, that case will happily take a pair of Vectors and feel nice and snug or a pair of Frontiers and not feel tight. Odd. Talking of odd, folks think I'm a bit funny for using a fountain pen. I like to. Parker really got a lot right with the Vector, to my mind. I like the weight, the secure feel putting the cap onto the end without fear of marking the body and that you can set one aside and pick it up months later for it to have just work. Modern Quink, I guess.

The case is this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pen-Case-Leather-Box-Display-Stationary-For-30-Pens/274109008922 ... I got mine maybe three years ago. I removed the handle on mine.

Upper Deck

Lower Deck

On the buffer:

Do the inks ever dry out in the non fountain pens? P.

I got a Parker ball point pen as a present (amongst others) at my confirmation in the early-mid 70s and used it into the early 80s, having bought a few refills over the years.. Though can't be sure it was a Parker, maybe the German version of it, but the only refill I cold find in the UK was Parker. In the end it broke into half whilst wandering from one pocket to the other ....

Do the inks ever dry out in the non fountain pens? P.

Yeeeessss ... he says hesitantly and tries a couple he's not used for a while. Just a little scratchy to start out buy starts flowing from there. I've not used the UF rollerballs in a while. Also, I've not used the Calendar pen in an absolute age. That took some scrubbing to get flowing.

I rotate through this lot reasonably frequently. Sometimes, I pick up on the of the 15s that usually has a Herbin in to find it plumb empty, but never crusted up. The only crusty pen I had was the Lacque, which took three or four washes to properly ease up. Once a couple of ink loads had run through it, it seemed fine. Lovely nib, which I took to really quickly - maybe the previous owner had a similar writing style.

Here's the Jotters in my collection. The 4 on the left are from the London Architecture series:
IMG_20200713_062409.jpg

I think the Jotters are great pens. A design from the 60s that is still going strong

I was inspired by your collection to go looking and just found one similar to your yellow one - its a dark blue Parker Vector Flighter Rollerball - made in France with date code 1Q - tho its a bit scratched and battered looking

Flighter is the name of the metal ones. There are two Vector Flighters on the bottom row towards the right: a fountain and a rollerball. Vectors should be ten a penny as they're still in production. There are some interesting vintage models, like period advertisers with company logos from previous eras but in the main, they're pretty mundane. But, great pens. I actually have another which I've not pictured - it's a dark blue fountain with a medium nib that just flows beautifully. It's in my desk drawer and my scribble pen.

Nice post - it made me remember that I have two Parker Sonnet Sterling Silver pens that's not getting much use. The rollerbal version was a wedding gift from my first wife and is a very treassured pen. The fountain pen was bought some years ago, but doesn't get much use.

EF064A9B-137C-4C00-BC0B-4827ED09F45F.jpeg

Ahah - this is a dark blue Vector - similar to your yellow and burgandy ones.

And it still works !!!!!!

I'm not very sophisticated - i have two different Cross posh pens that people bought me over the years as presents and the are both still in their boxs .. my "suit pen" is an ancient Lamy 4-way pen, which is so old i used to have the optional PDA stylus tip instead of red ink, but changed it back with the advent of finger friendly capacitive touch screens circa 2007

Likewise, I like what I like and I like to use them. I suppose the Arrow Lacque is the posh one there. Yeah, I have a battered dark blue Vector which still gets a lot of love.

PDAs that take me back ... I remember the quip Steve Jobs used to sneer at the Newton about. Stylus? You've got five of them attached to each hand; and steadfastly refused to back the technology until that became how it worked. Here we are today, the world over, prodding our phones and tablets with the styluses we already had.

Back
Top Bottom