Parker 87R

Hi all.
I’ve recently bought a Parker 87R and used it twice, both times I’ve had to tread carefully as it seems to want to drain me of blood.
I tried a different angle but couldn’t get under my nose properly.
Has anybody else found this seemingly innocent razor aggressive ?

Dave.

Hi Dave, I found the 87r to be a very smooth razor, and mild. The first one I got did have some faults with it so I had to get it replaced. Maybe something is off with the razor. Not sure what Parker's quality control is like.

Kind Regards
Callum

Last edited:
I have had the same experience as the op, also had the same problems with a 96, both cut me to ribbons.

Must be down to shaving technique I guess

Hi Dave, I found the 87r to be a very smooth razor, nice a mild. The first one I got did have some faults with it so I had to get it replaced. Maybe something is off with the razor. Not sure what Parker's quality control is like.

Kind Regards
Callum
I think I’m going to have to investigate this further as a lot of reviews claim it is mild.
thanks for your reply.

The vast majority of my DE razors are Parkers, and i've never had any faulty blade alignment with any of them. The 87r is smooth & efficient. Having lot's of shaving experience using parkers i've found that they perform wonderfully by using a 'steeper shaving angle',which take's a few shaves to adjust also the three piece models i find are more efficient than the TTO models.

As already stated by @De 2 it's all down to Technique and equally important shaving confidence.

Back
Top Bottom