Pamper Cafe Shave Soap

Anyone tried it?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pamper-Cafe-Shave-Soap-REFILL-Sandalwood-100-Grams-/220785985859?pt=UK_HeathBeauty_BathShowCons_RL&hash=item3367dec943">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pamper-Cafe-Shave ... 3367dec943</a><!-- m -->

There seems to be a lot of info about the soap they make in general but not much about the specific soap you are buying. I am always suspicious when they don't have an ingredients list but do instead have a long section on how the entire petro chemical industry is out to kill us and the wild animals of the world; and how we are washing with carcinogen laden products.

It is true they are probably responsible for a lot of damage and some of them are real villains but if you are interested in this you will already know all about it and who the main culprits are. Talk about the soap and have a link to further reading for those interested, there is no need for a moral lecture when buying something. Unless they wrap the soap in recycled paper and deliver on a cycle then without the petro chemical industry they would not have a product or a business, this is not to mention the carbon used to get the ingredients to them and make the soap so no one has clean hands (pun intended).

On the soap itself I have tried goats milk shaving soap blindly bought of eBay before and didn't like it, I found the lather didn't seem to allow the blade to glide like other soaps. I have had eczema in the past and didn't feel these soaps were any better for my skin than other simple ingredient lists soaps, if you have a problem you need to find what causes your reaction and eliminate that. In the end it was a nice hand soap but I didn't get a good shave with the one I tried (not this vendor).

Ask for a sample if you are interested and see if they will send you a sliver for a nominal amount.

Thanks i think i'll swing it a miss, i have plenty enough anyway.

Her taking the moral high ground did make me smirk, but i tend to filter out diatribe nowadays, and was more interested in how it performed as a soap, plus it's cheap. :shave

I only ever tried the one, like you I thought it was cheap as chips and worth a punt. Don't know if all goats milk type soaps are crap or if it was just the one I bought; worst case it is a £3.50 bar of hand or bath soap.

I had read a few mixed reports about them before I bought one, some good and some bad so I could be excluding them all unfairly, it seems really dependent on the skills of the soap maker. I like the idea and the properties that Goats Milk should bring to the shave (in theory) I have just yet to find a good one.

I tried the Blue Amberwood Shave Soap last year,i wasnt impressed,the best i could get was a very runny lather which dissapeared part way through the shave,my skin was still slick enough to shave without it though.All in all a dissapointing soap and shave,it went in the bin after two shaves.
I do recall sending somebody off here a sliver of this soap to try.

Dave.

Haven't tried this particular one but, as regards goats milk soaps, I've tried them and really get on well with them. In fact, I made my last batch of my own shaving soap with some goats milk and, as I mentioned on the SOTD, it's given me the best shave I've ever had. I think Nanny does a soap with goats milk too. As always, people get on with different things.

If the basic shaving soap is good, then goat milk will not detract and may add to performance, and also help nourish the skin. If a goat milk soap is no good, then I doubt that it's the milk that is the problem.

I've had positive experiences with goat's (goats'?) milk soaps too, viz. Sharon's Mantic version of Ice 'n' a Slice and that TOC Aromatherapy one I bang on about from time to time. Loathsome stuff for drinking or cheese making in my opinion, but good in the bathroom.

Back
Top Bottom