Palmolive

Boab said:
I saw it in Tesco last night, 45p for the stick and special offer £1 for the cream.
Youre just lucky guys!The cream performs really well,actually better than La Toja shaving cream.However I like the stick scent better,but the performance is almost the same.I cant say that about La Toja,for example,where the stick beats the cream anytime or Lea where the cream simply sucks(at least for me) but the stick shines every time I use it.

I have said it before and in other places.

I take a Palmolive shavestick and a (blue) tub of Wilkinson soft soap and work them both through a cheese grater. I mix the two together and press them into a shaving mug. It is creamer than the Palmolive cream and lasts a long time - my favourite and very cheap. It has a similar smell to the Palmolive cream.

I haven't heard of Palmolive cream before. What an interesting idea. A Palmolive stick was the first experience I had of brush-shaving and it's been by far the best. I'm using Wilkinson Sword blue tub at the moment, but when that runs out I've a PO stick to look forward to. Yay!

I relented and bought a tube of Palmolive from Tesco for £1!! I took it on holiday this week along with my EJ Best Badger and gradually got used to it as I am pretty new to creams. After a few shaves I am now able to get a decent lather. I found at first I wasn't putting enough cream in to the brush. Compared to Palmolive soap I have found:

The cream is quicker to lather, but only just.
The soap is better value. Well obviously.
The soap has a stronger scent, partly I suppose because the lathering process produces a smell.

All in all I will go for the soap but... :idea: ... I just thought, what about making a super-lather with both soap and cream?! Never tried a SL before but this could be the way forward. Just shaved half an hour ago but I'll have a go tomorrow night... :mrgreen:

(now should I use my boar or my badger??)

Unruhe said:
I haven't heard of Palmolive cream before. What an interesting idea. A Palmolive stick was the first experience I had of brush-shaving and it's been by far the best. I'm using Wilkinson Sword blue tub at the moment, but when that runs out I've a PO stick to look forward to. Yay!

Try a Wilkinson stick if you can find one - it's aeons better than the bowl soap (in this house it's been relegated to the toolbox as lubricant for woodscrews)

Blyth Spirit said:
Postage is minimal when amortised over the purchase volume. Haven't seen Wilkinson sticks in shops for a long time hence the 'bulk' order...4 sticks will probably see me to my last scrape!

I did not even know Wilkinson sticks still existed. I see the blue bowl soap in shops quite regularly, but never the stick.

philamac said:
Blyth Spirit said:
Postage is minimal when amortised over the purchase volume. Haven't seen Wilkinson sticks in shops for a long time hence the 'bulk' order...4 sticks will probably see me to my last scrape!

I did not even know Wilkinson sticks still existed. I see the blue bowl soap in shops quite regularly, but never the stick.

I'm expecting them to turn up tomorrow...reports to follow! Damn that means an extra shave but someone has to do it I guess!

Palmolive's German sticks are really very good; the German's always seem to sell the good stuff.

Merkur, Nivea Balms, Tabac, Muhle, Palmolive, Speick; now Wilkinson soaps.

:?

Back
Top Bottom