Palmolive

A friend who started shaving with a Gillette Aristocrat he inherited only used Palmolive cream for the first 5 years with a Wilkinson Sword pure bristle brush. Eventually he bought a TOBS rose cream. One person who never entered the rabbit hole...

They also make a Sensitive and a Cool one:

They also make a Sensitive and a Cool one:

And just to add a little confusion, the Italian mentholated version is in a green tube the same as the Northern European regular version, but the regular Italian version is in fact sold in a red tube:

1632761046795.png

AFAIK only the green Northern European regular version is officially distributed in the UK, but grey imports of the white sensitive can be found particularly in independent shops

I've got the classic but I never knew about the other variants. In many ways it's all you'll ever *need*, it gives a good layer of lather with minimum fuss, and has its own very light smell that is so subtle it'll never clash with whatever you're putting on after. Also lends itself to being dispensed into a travel size pot for short trips away, where you're taking minimal kit, your small synthetic brush and have to keep everything below 50ml.

But shaving isn't a perfunctory task driven by utilitarianism, so down the #FOMO hole we go! So many great artisan soaps out there with wonderful scents, we happily pay 10x what Palmolive costs.

Fantastic cream, also the Rinfrescante (menthol). I don't mind the lack of scent as I find that all scents disappear after I've rinsed, So I tend to depend on post shave products for that.
But a good scent does make the shaving experience so much more enjoyable for me.

I have a few Palmolive sticks and they have a scent, not the best scent but OK.

So I ordered 2 tubes of the Menthol version of Palmolive which I reported earlier I found on Amazon seller. They were showing 14 in stock.
Received the order today - 2 tubes of Classic NOT Menthol !!!!
Now they are only showing 1 in stock !!!
So I end up probably helping to deplete their stock to no benefit to myself !!!
Waiting to hear back from them.
As they say in Bognor - c'est la vie.

So I ordered 2 tubes of the Menthol version of Palmolive which I reported earlier I found on Amazon seller. They were showing 14 in stock.
Received the order today - 2 tubes of Classic NOT Menthol !!!!
Now they are only showing 1 in stock !!!
So I end up probably helping to deplete their stock to no benefit to myself !!!
Waiting to hear back from them.
As they say in Bognor - c'est la vie.

A shame to hear. I'd ask for a refund, there's no way I'd accept it classic version when you buy it in shops.

Are you on Ebay, there is a seller there who has them at just over £5 for a tube shipped.

Back
Top Bottom