Palmolive vs Palmolive

I thought I'd give Palmolive cream a run off against Palmolive sticks, a side by side comparison over a weeks shaving. The sticks have been softened into a bowl for brush loading then face lathering.

1. Appearance - identical
2. Scent - Noticeable different, the sticks have the classic big Palmolive soap scent, the cream come with a softer less aggressive tone, maybe slightly lemony/cedar however still recognisable as Palmolive
3. Shaving - Very similar, brush loaded well, good cushion and slickness. I struggled to tell the difference in shave quality over the week between the 2. Both slightly thirsty towards the end of the shave, maybe the stick more so. Both had similar post shave feel (slightly dry).
4. Cost - Sticks win this one hands down, the 2 sticks cost £1.50 and based on my usage over the week will certainly go further than the tube at £1.99
5. Usability - Having to strip the sticks then grate or zap in the microwave is a faff, the tube is certainly more convenient but as it's used it will lose its cool "full tube" appearance (if you know what i mean), I will also no doubt throw away some of the cream with the tube at the end, that said tube is ahead on this one.
6. Portability - Stick winds hand down, more flexible, lighter and more convenient.

So there we go, apologies if this has been done before.

I like them both and have been using the cream quite a lot of late. I if I'm absolutely honest, I prefer the post-shave feel of the cream but find the stick to be slicker and more cushioning although it's a fairly minimal difference. For ease of use, I prefer the cream - one squirt and away you go.

Back
Top Bottom