Pal Injector

I have several Pal injectors. I have one that has a dark blade in it, but otherwise looks mint. I ordered several of the Pal NOS blades on eBay, one pack at first then I grabbed the last cassettes. My first cassette won't eject a blade. My two other packs have arrived. I managed to replace the original blade, but it wasn't smooth as 50 year old crud was in the razor head. Should I replace the blade I just inserted?

The dark blade is probably not a blade at all, but a "blank" that came with the razor. In which case it is really mint.
It should be completely blunt.
Those PAL blades are probably as smooth as a cat's tongue.
Get yourself some nice modern blades as a benchmark before venturing into vintage blades.
Any dirt in the head of an injector razor is best dealt with pipe cleaners (and an ultrasonic cleaner if you have one)

I have several hundred or thousand plus of shaves wirh a Schick and modern Schick blades. I wanted my first shave with a Pal to be with a Pal blade.

Here is the blade, it doesn't appear to be a blank. I have a blank in my other Pal and have them in other injectors. I should have wasted a modern Schick, but I will try the Pal blade, if it's been ruined, I will try a Schick as I don't have many Pal blades to waste. I will get some pipe cleaners.

Last edited: