Packaging

Definitely. OSP Bay Rum is a top tier soap for me. I'm quite happy with OSP and Barrister & Mann, with a bit of Tabac for variety.

James - definitely do what will work for you. I don't think you will lose business from doing what you need to do to make it a viable proposition, within reason. The bars are something I haven't seen, and will automatically gain you some free advertising due to forum chatter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The thing I love about the 70g creams I have is how compact the packaging is, in comparison to the 140g soaps.

I wouldn't dream of taking a soap away in a toilet bag for the weekend, whereas the cream is doable

I understand that you leave room for the brush to lather in the soaps, whereas you state not to put a wet brush in the creams, so scoop onto face, brush or into lathering bowl.

If your production line equipment is set up for 140g, is it poss to put a divider in the slab mould to do 2 x 70g? Or, even 2 x 60g, with the bit that connects them being trimmed off to make samples? Maybe 2 x 10g or 1 x 20g

Cheers

John

Reactions: OSP
Wonderful idea to save postage costs. I've recently bought a few things on Ebay which have arrived in a slim cardboard box, letter box friendly and at large letter rate, stops me being ripped off by Royal Mail - best of luck with it...

FWIW, I think the original idea is genius.
It keeps everyone happy.
Should you want a labeled tub, you can buy one & pay £3 to have it posted or you can have a pouch refill, whatever floats your boat.

The refill idea works for those that want a smaller puck too, if you want to use the soap in 70g increments, snap half off & accept that you have to buy them in multiples of 2. And if you don't want to use the remaining 70g, sell it on BST, guess what, post will be £1!

Mystic waters sell their soaps as soap & if you want a pot they will sell you one, same with Haslinger (we don't get the option in the UK, go to their factory shop & the transparent pot is a chargeable extra)

Its a yes please from me.

Scent samples is another top idea, even if it was only a pass-around made available for a new introduced scent.

Thanks for the input.

This is an ongoing project of mine. Clearly, I am never going to come up with a solution that fits 100% but i am considering all options.

Its also going to take a while. Don't want to rush into anything!

Thank again.