PAA Travel Scuttle

I got the Qshave ceramic scuttle which is similar to the PAA but obviously not unbreakable (in fact there's an alarming crack that may be just the glaze or maybe it's about to shear off and cut my hand off). You get nice warm lather if you fill it with hot enough water. The bumps are barely noticeable and it seems a bit small. I think I paid about £20, but I won't replace it. I now mostly face lather anyway, but might get the silicone dog feeder thing as I do sometimes like to use a bowl and those are perfect for travel, unbreakable and take up next to no space. Cheap as chips too. Cannot see me spending on a nice bowl again.

On ebay the slow feeders are less than a fiver. Exactly the same product listed as "travel shave bowl" for double the price! Honestly, I jest not. They must think people who shave don't have pets, or something.

I Bought This Scuttle from
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements & used it today for the first time.
The Plastic it’s made of is very robust & virtually unbreakable in its everyday use.
For me the bowl is very light and idea for travel as it’s intended.
You can either fill it with hot tap water, boiled out the kettle or even microwave it to get it hotter which i doubt i would do.
It’s probably everything you want in a travel bowl.
However at £27.50 i genuinely don’t think it’s worth it.
Yes i understand the science & technology’s in new materials but still at the end of the day it’s a shaving scuttle and well over priced.
Also the narrow bottom means you can’t really get a good splay in to it to make up parts of the soap you’ve pressed in.
Over all now that iv bought it i like it but if i were to rewind the clock i wouldn’t buy it again.
On the other hand iv had this collapsible dog feeder bowl for over a year now and it’s absolutely class.
infact i find it so good i can’t find any negatives and at £3.90 or less of ebay
what would you go for ?

View attachment 72456View attachment 72457View attachment 72459
Hey you still using the scuttle?

Just stumbled across it and want to get a scuttle again but not a ceramic one after my self one got a hairline crack with not a lot of use

The Plastic it’s made of is very robust & virtually unbreakable in its everyday use.
You can either fill it with hot tap water, boiled out the kettle or even microwave it to get it hotter which i doubt i would do.
Yes i understand the science & technology’s in new materials but still at the end of the day it’s a shaving scuttle and well over priced.
Also the narrow bottom means you can’t really get a good splay in to it to make up parts of the soap you’ve pressed in.
Over all now that iv bought it i like it but if i were to rewind the clock i wouldn’t buy it again.
On the other hand iv had this collapsible dog feeder bowl for over a year now and it’s absolutely class.
infact i find it so good i can’t find any negatives and at £3.90 or less of ebay
what would you go for ?

Hey you still using the scuttle?

want to get a scuttle again but not a ceramic one after my self one got a hairline crack with not a lot of use

what would you go for ?

For the price of the plastic things, the number of items they produce after creating the mould is quite important. If this was an item that is sold for the millions price could be 1£ maybe less.

For the price of the plastic things, the number of items they produce after creating the mould is quite important. If this was an item that is sold for the millions price could be 1£ maybe less.
The Price isn’t the issue mate
The bottom is just far to narrow & not really for for purpose. Having said that iv used it a good few times & i do get good lathers however i have to be choosy which brushes i use
18-22 mm is just about right

I got a LICKIMAT Wobble in Green for home and Orange for my parents place in Devon. Absolutely superb for lathering, no issues with washing them out and if i drop it / knock if off the side then no worries with it breaking or damaging anything else!

I got a LICKIMAT Wobble in Green for home and Orange for my parents place in Devon. Absolutely superb for lathering, no issues with washing them out and if i drop it / knock if off the side then no worries with it breaking or damaging anything else!
They look very good
What material are they made of ?

Edit
Just googled it
Definitely good for me traveling

Back
Top Bottom