PAA Synthetic Brushes

I’ve been tempted by the Peregrino for a while but the Phantom just looks stunning and I’d like to try a slightly bigger 26mm knot. Though so have the new Yaqi’s.

Attachments

• 40CBD781-DB6D-405F-AEBA-A5F8667EEEA2.png
    40CBD781-DB6D-405F-AEBA-A5F8667EEEA2.png
    239.8 KB · Views: 10
  • A22DB541-3F0C-43F3-BC48-FA97A489C461.png
    A22DB541-3F0C-43F3-BC48-FA97A489C461.png
    267.1 KB · Views: 10
I’ve been tempted by the Peregrino for a while but the Phantom just looks stunning and I’d like to try a slightly bigger 26mm knot. Though so have the new Yaqi’s.
The Phantom should hopefully be coming to Shaving Station soon, I think (don't quote me on this) in the next couple of weeks.

I was on the Yaqi live sale this morning and after having 4 brushes in my basket managed to restrict myself to 1... and a shave soap. And I’m hoping Shaving Station get the Phantom soon as I’m angling for it for Father’s Day.

My Phantom Aerolite arrived on Friday from @SS2013 in usual quick fashion and its maiden use was today.

Out of the box I was a little concerned. The loft and fibre type made the fibres seem a little springy. I had visions of the Omega S-Brush - those of you that know what I'm on about will understand. It also shed 4 fibres on the initial wash. I went in to today's shave with a bit of trepidation.

Turns out I needn't have worried. No further shedding and the brush behaved in a way that I love my synthetics to behave - I'm a face latherer. Easy to splay, held more than enough lather and it painted the lather on beautifully. I like this brush.

My Phantom Aerolite arrived on Friday from @SS2013 in usual quick fashion and its maiden use was today.

Out of the box I was a little concerned. The loft and fibre type made the fibres seem a little springy. I had visions of the Omega S-Brush - those of you that know what I'm on about will understand. It also shed 4 fibres on the initial wash. I went in to today's shave with a bit of trepidation.

Turns out I needn't have worried. No further shedding and the brush behaved in a way that I love my synthetics to behave - I'm a face latherer. Easy to splay, held more than enough lather and it painted the lather on beautifully. I like this brush.
I think shedding is really just a few fibres that haven’t been combed out at the final stage. There’s bound to be two or three that just sit in there, rather than in the glue. My Yaqi Red Marble Tuxedo had the same issue: 2 fibres lost initially; then no problems at all.

I think shedding is really just a few fibres that haven’t been combed out at the final stage. There’s bound to be two or three that just sit in there, rather than in the glue. My Yaqi Red Marble Tuxedo had the same issue: 2 fibres lost initially; then no problems at all.
I think you're right Stephen. It caught me off guard as I hadn't noticed any shed fibres with the other PAA brushes. All seems to be good now though.

Back
Top Bottom