PAA Awesome sauce splash and star jelly

At the risk of delving into personal preference, i was very impressed with my recent purchase of PAA Awesome Sauce soap, matching splash and Star Jelly.

i really like all but the star jelly was very good.

I was also hugely impressed by the huge Shipping bill that comes from ordering from PAA and shipping to the netherlands.

Does anyone have experience with their star jelly and can you reccomend a more European friendly source of a nice balm?

of course the Awesome Sauce products are all scented but would be open to other scents as recommendations!

thanks!

If I recall correctly, Awesome Sauce scent is based on Proraso Green.

The Proraso Green aftershave lotion and balm are excellent. Don't let their low price fool you.

At the risk of delving into personal preference, i was very impressed with my recent purchase of PAA Awesome Sauce soap, matching splash and Star Jelly.

I was also hugely impressed by the huge Shipping bill that comes from ordering from PAA and shipping to the netherlands.

Does anyone have experience with their star jelly and can you reccomend a more European friendly source of a nice balm?

of course the Awesome Sauce products are all scented but would be open to other scents as recommendations!

thanks!
Eh?

I'm sorry, but I haven't a clue what this post is all about. Also...what is "star jelly"??

Never heard of Awesome Sauce, either. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

why would you actually reply to a post if you’ve not got a clue ?
your words not mine
Let's just call it plain curiosity. I had never heard of Awesome Sauce, and I wanted to know what "star Jelly" is. It's as simple as that. This is an open forum, and I am merely sharing my thoughts and opinions, as everyone else is doing.

Let's just call it plain curiosity. I had never heard of Awesome Sauce, and I wanted to know what "star Jelly" is. It's as simple as that. This is an open forum, and I am merely sharing my thoughts and opinions, as everyone else is doing.
Star Jelly is the name that Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements (PAA) use for their post shave balms. Never tried it but I've heard it's good:

Reactions: FJY
Star Jelly is the name that Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements (PAA) use for their post shave balms. Never tried it but I've heard it's good:

Oh, I see. It's just that I had never heard of Star Jelly before, and I had hoped that someone on here could tell me what it is. Thank you for that.

so perhaps some additional info indeed for those who are interested.

Awesome sauce in indeed PAA's take on Proraso green. for years people have apparently wondered why the soap of proraso Green does not smell like the splash and as most people love the scent of the PR Splash they also find that it does not stay very long. so Awesomesauce fills his gap. it smells like the PR Splash in the soap, the splash and the balm(star jelly) and the scent stays much longer hence excellent proposition. these products can be easily mixed and matched by PR lineup so thats also perfect but downside of PAA is that only the soap is available in EU due to the regulations and high bar producers need to pass to sell in the EU.

have had the Star jelly now in several scents all matching with the soaps and splashes and performance is excellent.

but having a shipment for personal use accompanied by a 75 Dollar shipping fee is putting me off.

hope this helps if you are in the US i can certainly reccomend picking some up and if you like Proraso Green please try the AwesomeSauce soap as this is available in EU.

He mentioned the bees, but the birds were curiously absent!

Having not yet tried Proraso green I don't know what I'm missing, I've heard lots of good things about the star jelly but if it's that hard to get over here I will have to pass I think. The PAA brushes and soap I have are great though.

I was lucky enough to grab some star jelly Astra Planeta, Awesome sauce aftershave and future fiction EDP and they are all great. I also bought a Garden of Bali set which is a lovely scent but likely to hit the BST as I’m trying to slim my collection down and it isn’t quite the mix of scents I’d hoped for. The star jelly is a lovey scented alcohol balm which also has a light hit of menthol that seems to last well. If I’m honest I wish I’d let the Bali and got star jelly in the awesome sauce and future fiction!

thanks!
This is a really late response to this post, but I'd just like to say that whilst P&B Denali has always (until recently) been my all time number one shaving soap, after trying PAA Awesome Sauce (around the time this post appeared), it has pushed Denali into 2nd place. It is IMHO astonishingly great in all ways: lather, cushion, glide, scent, face feel etc. The matching splash/cologne is also marvellous stuff and is the perfect partner to my all time favourite AS splash: Proraso Green. Awesome Sauce was created specifically to match up with this superb classic barbershop splash that remains readily available at a remarkably low price in the UK: c.£25 for a 400ml bottle at the time of writing. My post is a year and a half late but I couldn't help myself! (Haven't tried PAA's Star Jelly aftershaves but I am looking for a good post shave balm to go with the Awesome Sauce stuff...maybe I'll stick with Proraso Green balm.)

Back
Top Bottom