P&B Baskerville scent

Yea horses for courses. Was a fool to order it in the first place but Dartmoor a place I love and love Conan Doyle! I would have called it Fawkes not Baskerville though lol. No slight to P&B I adore their Albion. And yea Dad usually uses a brush with normal Imperial Leather soap and Wilkos disposable two bladers so it will help him along.

Yea horses for courses. Was a fool to order it in the first place but Dartmoor a place I love and love Conan Doyle! I would have called it Fawkes not Baskerville though lol. No slight to P&B I adore their Albion. And yea Dad usually uses a brush with normal Imperial Leather soap and Wilkos disposable two bladers so it will help him along.
Its a case of everyone being on a wave of "omg limited!" and we all rush to order.

I've had 2 of the P&B limited seasonal soap and both were a bit underwhelming, but Albion and Sanskirt are both standout scents imho. I think I'll be curbing my enthusiasm and sticking to the core range in future.

Its a case of everyone being on a wave of "omg limited!" and we all rush to order.

I've had 2 of the P&B limited seasonal soap and both were a bit underwhelming, but Albion and Sanskirt are both standout scents imho. I think I'll be curbing my enthusiasm and sticking to the core range in future.
Not everyone is going to like it, it would be strange if everyone did, so it's just one of those thing's, I happen to like it and have bought a tub off someone else that didn't so I have two tubs to work through now! :) show me anything with menthol In it and you couldn't give it to me! :)

Does anyone else think Baskerville smells a bit like the smell you get when stripping wall paper, particularly in older houses, or is just me? I quite like the smell and this is only from rubbing some on the back of my hand, the soap is going into my Christmas stocking so will not get to try properly until Christmas.

Does anyone else think Baskerville smells a bit like the smell you get when stripping wall paper, particularly in older houses, or is just me? I quite like the smell and this is only from rubbing some on the back of my hand, the soap is going into my Christmas stocking so will not get to try properly until Christmas.
Like stripping off 15 year old wallpaper in a slightly damp old house after being vacant for a while?.........it's funny you should say that because........ No, I don't get that at all :) I do like the smell of the soap though, :)

Like stripping off 15 year old wallpaper in a slightly damp old house after being vacant for a while?.........it's funny you should say that because........ No, I don't get that at all :) I do like the smell of the soap though, :)
Just messing with you, :) I'm using it for tomorrow's shave, I will have another sniff and see if I can detect old wallpaper :) shave happy.

I think the scent of the unlathered soap can be very misleading. I was reminded of dirty vanilla, which might be similar to your wallpaper-stripping scenario (no idea as I don't do DIY myself). It does change completely on application of brush and hot water.

Does anyone know if this is still available to buy in the UK or EU? My supply is about to finish.....
Hi @carbold unfortunately Baskerville won't be returning before 2021 at the earliest. We've a whole heap of things to release that this pesky pandemic has torpedoed and, this autumn will be starting with our first LE since Christmas last year. It's called 'Empress Rising' and keeping to the spirit of Baskerville and Whitechapel, is a dark scent.

Sorry to disappoint but hopefully that'll be marginally offset by the ability to try Empress Rising (y).

Best regards,

Kerry.

Back
Top Bottom