Own barnd cartridges

Have you tried an own brand cartridge system?

• Total voters
For years I used disposables, thinking that more than two blades was pretty nonsensical. I was given a Gillette cartridge pack with a handle and a couple of blades and after a couple of months decided I might as well give it a go and was really impressed with the quality of the shave. However I wasn't going to pay £silly.99 per cartridge so decided to do thorough comparison with an own brand system.

Next time I was in Tesco I bought one of their finest and spent a couple of months alternating week by week between the Gillette and the Tesco.

The result was that I found there wasn't a scrap of difference. Identical results when shaving and each would last around 40 days without any problems.

Has anyone else found that an 'own brand' system worked as well for them as the overpriced Gillette stuff?

ive had the supermarket version of sensor, mach 3 and fusion and for me they were equal, now i dont know if its true where gillette certainly with fusion say their gel works with the razor, true or marketing but i have not used gel in years switching to a brush and soap,

imo its the prep

Back in the day, I remember fitting Tesco's own version of Contour Plus cartridges into that famous Gillette razor. Bloody (in the true sense of the word) terrible! Never again but thanks to DE, yon razor is redundant. Preferred Sensor Excel anyway but never risked the alternative versions.

Back
Top Bottom