OUCH - take care!

Never mind nicks. I managed to slice the top of my finger today just getting the blade out of it's packaging. I was in too much of a hurry and listening to the Richard Keys story on Radio 5. Another reminder to take care when handling blades right from the moment you pick up the packet.

I hope your wound heals well my friend

I had a similar experience..in a hurry to get back into the house from staying with the parents due to fumigation for a few days..I brought my SE with me and thought "why should I toss the 1 time used blade out..leave it in the razor and use it again"
That was a big mistake..while I was in a hurry to pack my toiletries up..my finger went across the end of the razor n sliced me good!...boy I was pissed..not at the blade..but at my finger!... :lol:

B

We've all been there I ghuess Fido. If I had all the nasty slices I've had on my fingers on my face the old physog really would be in a mess. Only concolation is that these cuts from such a keen edge do seem to heal up very quickly if kept clean.

Take care M8.

JohnnyO. :?

I´m sorry to hear this Peter, I do hope nothing serious will happen to your finger!

I rarely cut myself on my straights nowadays, but on the DE:s it seems to happens as soon as I use them :roll:

It only takes a moments distraction as well, a while back I was loading a blade on a razor when the doorbell went and I wanted it to be the parcel I had been waiting on, it wasn't a bad cut but that jump I made when the excitement rush hit me but it did remind me that I need to zone out and ignore everything when handling razor blades.

Amazing how much some of them bleed. I had to search for the styptic pen which I have not had to use for a long time.

Ah the dangers of Radio 5. :lol:

Bad luck hope its not too serious. I managed a straight shave last night with no cuts or nicks but managed to nick my finger cleaning the razor afterwards. :x

So I take it from that, you are saying only women can double task then.