Other interests?

You certainly have a lot going for you. Lots of useful skills and interesting hobbies. Good for you!

Coffee. Anything to do with drinking and making good coffee. Trying to learn how to fly a radio controlled glider has been a source of fun and some frustration (and money). Watercoloring has been fun. Once was into pen collecting, old watches and sports cars when they were affordable. Pens. The apartment won't allow a dog but a giant Siberian Forrest cat is bigger than most small dogs and is adequate substitute. Did I mention coffee?

Played golf for best part of 30 years and hockey for close to 15 before knees finally gave up. Miss the golf, especially after 3 years in the USA, but not the pain. Last time I played, I was playing well, scoring well but after about 12 holes I was struggling to move and it was the easiest decision in the world to stop playing.

As I fast approach 50, with dodgy knees, my hobbies are far less energetic. I am building 2 model railway layouts. One Inglenook shunting puzzle and a larger one that is in its embryonic stages. I spend lots of time studying for my next H&S qualification.

I have 2 grandchildren whom i adore and a significant amount of time is spent spoiling them rotten.

I have been a Forest fan for over 40 years and a season ticket holder for quite a number of them (including all three when I lived in the States, to ensure I kept my great seat).

I want to learn how to improve my handwriting, and that is next on the agenda

I've recently got into my coffee. Never used to like the stuff but started drinking it white and now go for black, one sugar. Top that off with an espresso machine for Christmas and you have yourself one happy chappy (me). A good coffee makes all the difference!

What H&S Quals have you got? I've recently done my IOSH with my sights set on NEBOSH national certificate in Occupational H&S!

I gather your friend's car wasn't a 53-54 Loewy coupe, that was pretty cool car even in its day and still the most consistent winner in the Carrera Panamericana.

Golden Hawk was also a great car , though I think they really didn't get the Hawk right until the 62 redesign.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

An interest of mine is collecting ancient coins, I am a lover of history and most of us are lucky enough to live in a country full of such rich history, it really is all around us if we take the time to appreciate it. I have always collected coins since I was a child, used to love emptying my Grandfathers pockets when he came back from abroad.

Over the years I got more and more into reading and history, especially ancient history and it seemed a logical combination. Collect ancient coins. I have about 30 in flipcases from a a 400BC Oblia Dolphin coin, Alexander The Great life issue Tetradrachm to Augustus provincial coins and later Imperial coins like Constantinian Dynasty coins. My favourite part of it is buying encrusted coins, they basically are like lumps of dirt and you have to gently soak, scrub and work at them over many months, painstaking but very joyful, because you're the first person to se the coin and have to attribute it too, if it comes up well enough. My own bit of history I can hold.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2weexy1.jpg

This coin from Carthage is my favourite coin that I have cleaned, quite a rare find. I currently have about 150 soaking in my garage, never seem to get the time to get on with them but the longer soaks don't hurt them at all. Along with ancient coins (and Nazi coins) I have a few dinosuar fossils too like a Spinosaurus tooth, Mosasaurus tooth and Megalodon Shark tooth. I certainly have peculiar collections.

A lot of my time is given to training my Cocker Spaniel Lilly, she is two this summer and certainly a handful. I train her on behalf of my father who wants her for fieldsports, she's getting there slowly but my goodness, people weren't wrong with how energetic the breed is. I enjoy taking her out when I go walking around the Brecon Beacons.

Another hobby of mine is reading, I have always got a book or two or three on the go. I only wish I could read more quickly, currently in the middle of two. The Tobacconist by Robert Seethaler and The Gentleman In Moscow by Amor Towles.

What H&S Quals have you got? I've recently done my IOSH with my sights set on NEBOSH national certificate in Occupational H&S!

Go for it. If you need any help or advice, simply give me a shout.

I am working towards a Level 6 Diploma in Applied Health and Safety. Not sure what will be next, probably the Environmental Diploma.