Osma shaving soap

Just had a shave with the Osma this evening.
If you load sufficent soap it lathers up without any issues. As it is a hard soap, I use to soak it in warm water for 10 min., that makes loading easy. The lather is smooth and gives good protection. The scent makes it a typical soap for the winter season, even more if you use it with a scuttle to get warm lather. IMO.

Regards

OK. Challenge accepted.
I don't think I have used my Osma soap in two years or so and I like to believe I have learned a thing or two since.
I'll give the stuff another go and report back.

Worst stuff i have ever used. Binned it after two awful shaves!
Bad irritation on my and upper lip. Cant stand the stuff ! Good luck to all who are going to buy it now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The results are in.
I let the Osma soap bloom with warm water for a good while and loaded my trusty MÜHLE 25mm synthetic brush with a good amount of the soap. So far so good - no problems.
I then bowl lathered, slowly adding more and more water until the whole stuff in the bowl collapsed in a watery mess. That's OK. That's how I check out new soaps. It tells me how much water the soap needs and how much water it can take.
At some point during the process I expect to see nice lather. Not this time. There was lather in the bowl, but nothing to write home to the forum about.
I discarded the lather and repeated the procedure, this time face lathering. I did manage to produce lather. That's an improvement over my past experience with Osma soap. It was however that dreadful thin and collapsing lather. I have no intention of shaving with crap like that, so I rinsed it off, got the Tabac Original out and had a nice shave with that.
Maybe the soap needs soft water or something... a luxury I don't have...
I don't even care for the scent it has. Hardly any, but nothing special.

Time to say goodbye and PIF it. If anyone is interested... add your name to ↪this thread.

Thanks for sharing results. This helps increases savings. Btw, why don't crush a good piece of Musgo Real? It doubled its price recently. Maybe they did the same with its quality.

Enviado desde mi SM-T700 mediante Tapatalk

Andreas pointed me here as I've acquired his puck courtesy of a PIF to see if I can breathe life into it with my softer than soft, West Country water.

And, as I said in my PIF related acknowledgement (now archived), I can get an eminently pleasing pile of lather from it. No added glycerine, no added cream, just a decent soak on top of the puck and a good stir with a nice brush.

Used it again today for the third time. Couple of teaspoonfuls of water on top of puck before shower and it was fine. Lathers up a treat. Won't bother posting a load of pointless pics but it's fine. I like it very much indeed. Even the smell isn't dreadful. It has a good home where it will be loved and cossetted

Yet more thanks, USD Andreas

Yeah, clearly I'm talking bollocks. It's obviously a load of shite. After all, what would I know?

Oh, by the way, I see this your first post. Great introduction. We're clearly gonna get on .

Good on you mate....hope you enjoy your bubbly foam. You're the man [emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to prove that not all gifts, Pifs and other assorted acts of kindness get forgotten after a few weeks, and despite the fact that I, apparently, only manage to produce bubbly foam with it, I would just like to say I continue to use it regularly and it works a treat and I remain grateful for being the very happy recipient of the Andreas's generous PIF.