Osgar Special - 1400

Picked up a lovely little 4/8 Osgar. The width of the blade at roughly ½" makes it seem so pretty compared with some of the "beasts" I've seen.

I understand Osgar is one of the brands used by Osborne and Garrett. But what about the number stamped on the tang - in this case 1400? I've seen images of others where the number is 1403 and 1404. Kind of assuming it's a model number? If so, does anyone have any information?

Mike

Last edited:
Picked up a lovely little Osgar. The width of the blade at roughly ½" makes it seem so pretty compared with some of the "beasts" I've seen.

I understand Osgar is one of the brands used by Osborne and Garrett. But what about the number stamped on the tang - in this case 1400? I've seen images of others where the number is 1403 and 1404. Kind of assuming it's a model number? If so, does anyone have any information?

Mike
Any chance of getting some pictures posted please?

Paul.

Aye its an Osborne & Garret Job by the Looks of it..Looks Like a Model Number..There is Plenty of Intel on Em..For Example... (y)
And
And

Biilly

Thank you Billy for the info and links. When I saw the 5/8 with number 1401 was beginning to think the number indicated blade width, but the 13/16 is also 1401, so that theory doesn't work! Probably never know, but the history of the OG works is interesting. Thanks once again for taking the time to enlighten me. (y)

Back
Top Bottom