Osage Rub? Alternatively?

CjH

Hi I see that our friends over in the US have Osage Rub.
I'd love to try it, apparently the cool feeling lasts for ages, you can also mix it 50/50 with things like witch Hazel.
Thing is its scarcer than the proverbial rocking horse poop! In the UK.
So apart from the 1 place I've seen it at £12 plus a bottle which seems a little steep to me for what it is, (it's $6 and under in the US.)
Is there a similar alternative here in the UK? (Apart from melting vicks vapour rub down and mixing it with some bootleg vodka.)

Hi I see that our friends over in the US have Osage Rub.
I'd love to try it, apparently the cool feeling lasts for ages, you can also mix it 50/50 with things like witch Hazel.
Thing is its scarcer than the proverbial rocking horse poop! In the UK.
So apart from the 1 place I've seen it at £12 plus a bottle which seems a little steep to me for what it is, (it's $6 and under in the US.)
Is there a similar alternative here in the UK? (Apart from melting vicks vapour rub down and mixing it with some bootleg vodka.)
@CjH - You could try Alcolado Glacial - seriously cold. The link below doesn't have it in stock but just to show you what it looks like - you can get from well known auction sites in the UK:

If you are feeling particularly daring - mix it half and half with this:

My face! My face! - I can't feel my face!

Cheers - I.

@CjH - You could try Alcolado Glacial - seriously cold. The link below doesn't have it in stock but just to show you what it looks like - you can get from well known auction sites in the UK:

Cheers - I.
Hmmmmmmm

Cheers - I.

Ah, Mentally Glacial - I can't wait for summer!

Cheers - I.
Ah, Mentally Glacial - I can't wait for summer!
I remember the results of your recommendations last year:

I have accepted your subsequent challenge and have the Floïd Vigaroso SE purchased in advance of summer!

Cheers - I.

I have two small tubs of menthol crystals, if I put it in my favourite aftershave will it make TOBS sandalwood glacial or would it just have a funny reaction and spoil it. This is a genuine question as I have tried alcolado glacial and liked it.

As above, I did not want to ruin a fairly expensive aftershave TOBS, with menthol crystals so i used a bottle of Brut.
It turned out very good not as chilly as glacial as I did not want to over do it but I think I will add more.
Half an hour after a shave I can still feel the chill on my face, I know I can add more as I never got the , Christ my bloody eyes effect that I got with glacial, perfect for warmer weather.
I think menthol will go great with 4711 and as I have 3 bottles that's my next experiment. :) (y).

I may be mental but I can't think of anything that can't be improved with menthol. :eek: pun intended I'm here all week.

As above, I did not want to ruin a fairly expensive aftershave TOBS, with menthol crystals so i used a bottle of Brut.
It turned out very good not as chilly as glacial as I did not want to over do it but I think I will add more.
Half an hour after a shave I can still feel the chill on my face, I know I can add more as I never got the , Christ my bloody eyes effect that I got with glacial, perfect for warmer weather.
I think menthol will go great with 4711 and as I have 3 bottles that's my next experiment. :) (y).

I may be mental but I can't think of anything that can't be improved with menthol. :eek: pun intended I'm here all week.
Try mixing some crystals with some alcohol and apply a few sprays to your soap before loading. All your soaps are now glacial on demand

Alcohol, vodka, whisky or rum I have all 3 not including various beers. :) .
Would spraying aftershave with menthol on soap bugger up the foaming quality.
I’ve not had any problems spraying it on mine and the alcohol evaporates leaving them menthol behind. I used some perfumers alcohol in a small sample spray bottle. I also tried melting crystals in glycerine but found you needed to heat it up to melt them and it didn’t seem as cooling.

Back
Top Bottom