Original Erasmic Sticks.

Hi all
If anyone has a store called Home Bargains close to their home and like original formulation(Tallow) Erasmic Sticks,then a visit to this store will be worthwhile,i have been in two recently and both had plentiful supplies,and only 49p each.

Dave.

You could buy some up and use them to trade with our transatlantic cousins.

I'm not sure what you'd trade though...Aqua Velva, Williams?

I am assuming there is a new formula then. I bought a shave stick on Sunday and attempted to use it last night and it was the worst lather i have ever experienced! Never again !

antdad said:
You could buy some up and use them to trade with our transatlantic cousins.

I'm not sure what you'd trade though...Aqua Velva, Williams?

Nice idea,if there are any members from around the world who would like to trade for these sticks then let me know,i will happily visit Home Bargains and purchase any requirements,obviously this offer is also open to any UK members.

Dave.

Buy them up, wait a while. The longing and sometimes value for something that is unavailable exponentially increases over time.

hunnymonster said:
Indeed - the new formula does not feature the term "Tallowate" anywhere in the ingredients. The old did prominently and it was the sole redeeming feature....

Ingredients for the old tallow formula sticks are on the left in the picture below. The Erasmic line has been really messed about over the the last couple of years, there are at least three different sticks, two creams and a bowl soap. The best of the bunch in my opinion is the old cream in the metal tube, made in Jordan. Savers are/were selling these off at 99p each.

SDC10145.JPG

I was passing HB today so took a nose in... be careful when buying the Erasmic sticks in there - there are a mixture of old & new in stock in HB (out of 9 on the shelf, only 3 were old formula - which I bought to prevent them falling into the hands of the witless peasants* that habitually shop in Berwick-upon-Tweed)

* I also called in at the ex-Co-op now Asda for some dishwasher salt, used the self-scan checkout aisle and the chap next to me was getting quite animated - he'd laboriously scanned his 3 items and it wasn't letting him pay... one of the items was beer (approval required) and his solution was to moan and keep trying to shove his tenner in the slot. Not sure if he was pissed or just thick.

Whereabouts in Edinburgh is Home Bargains?

The stick I bought at the weekend in Lloyds Chemists is the new non-tallow one (though I did get a decent lather out of it with good Leith water!)

Back
Top Bottom