Ordered some Shark SS to try

I have ordered 50 of these to try in my R89 after seeing them mentioned here,
Couldn't get along with the supermax sadly and barberblades agreed to swop for
some wilkinsons which i get along with okay,
In the last few days I've been using derbys in the razor but find that the finished shave
isn't as smooth as i had with the personnas,
Hopefully the delivery won't take to long from turkey

I think these are great blades. Pretty sharp, very smooth, very cheap from turkey (£7 for 100 delivered or £15 for 300 delivered). They don't last as long as some Gillettes do but they are very good. I find them sharper than Supermax in my opinion. I think they are just as smooth but I don't get irritation from supermax so don't know how you will fare on irritation. You could try avoiding chrome or platinum blades in case this encourages irritation, and experiment with different soaps and cream

thats an interesting point you raise about chrome/platinum blades causing irritation. I wonder if theres anything in that.

Ive recently been trying gillette super thins... instead of my usual blueues. Yet I just cant seem to get on with them quite so well. The blueues irritate my face far far less than the super thins do. As they are almost certainly NOS blueues, i wonder if they are still the old non coated types.

shrink said:
thats an interesting point you raise about chrome/platinum blades causing irritation. I wonder if theres anything in that.

I'd say there are far more significant factors than blade composition that come into play.

I came across this post from The Shave Den about blade aggressivness

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showpost.php?s=d73928f63a5cbf9162b864620a7c9424&p=370018&postcount=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showpo ... ostcount=2</a><!-- m -->

Obviously there must be a degree of personal choice,but i would definitely agree that the derby
gives a milder shave than a red personna.

I've seen that there seems to some debate as to the difference in the shark blades
with some people saying the chrome is sharper and other saying that there isn't hardly any difference.

Not a huge fan of these blades although they do work better in my (open comb) Gillette New than any other razor I have so might be good in your R89

Tried these today in the R89 and got a really good shave even in the neck
area which has become sore from trying different blades in the last couple of weeks,

Found the derbys not smooth enough or sharp,the 7oclock sharp edge started the
irritation and the murker blade i had finished it,i generally need to shave WTG ATG XTG
and a reasonable bit of neck tidy up otherwise my neck area develops reddish spots and irritates
the hell out out of me which is why i shave daily,
these Sharks seem to be as good a choice as the red IP's were for me. :shave :D

Thank to the guys that recommended them

well it's the third day of shaving with a Shark SS and i'm still getting close smooth
shaves in the R89,

My neck area is still repairing itself from the bad shave days i had with other blades i tried

Think i'll be sticking with these from now on and also buying quite a few when flush with cash
in the next few months especially as the red Ip's are getting harder to find, :)

Back
Top Bottom