Opinion please

Bemused said:
How may I find the Bolzano Superinox compares to a Feather Hi Stainless.

Tony

Proberly in the same place in the shop to be honest :lol:

I tried them but did not like them, but dont like feathers either. everyone opinion of blades is different its a case of suck it and see really, get your self a sample pack from somewhere like connaughts.

I would say the bolsano is a very sharp blade but it us probably the smoothest of the 50/50 odd I've used, and last is bit longer than average, so I would say they are the main differences IMHO

NotTheStig said:
I would say the bolsano is a very sharp blade but it us probably the smoothest of the 50/50 odd I've used, and last is bit longer than average, so I would say they are the main differences IMHO

see what I mean I found it ruff as a badgers, :oops: well you know the rest

Thank you gentlemen,
I have ten blades in the post but became a little excited and wished to fast forward and perceive other views.
My regular blade is a feather and although we get along fine they do seem to drop the edge quickly.
I also have one Merkur blade to throw into the mix.

And yes it does seem as though blades are very personal.

Regards
Tony

Well I fitted a Bolzano Superinox to my Gillette Slim last night and performed a traditional three pass with the Slim on number seven.
Golly, that shave was a touch to close for comfort, these are real sharp blades and have left me a little irritated, still have a hot chin today.
Next few shaves will be with a feather in an Edwin Jagger DE87 to let things recover somewhat then I will try the Bolzano Superinox in the DE87 and to if the Bolzano can be tamed a little. The little EJ is my most gentle razor.

But this is one sharp blade :lol:

Bemused said:
Well I fitted a Bolzano Superinox to my Gillette Slim last night and performed a traditional three pass with the Slim on number seven.
Golly, that shave was a touch to close for comfort, these are real sharp blades and have left me a little irritated, still have a hot chin today.
Next few shaves will be with a feather in an Edwin Jagger DE87 to let things recover somewhat then I will try the Bolzano Superinox in the DE87 and to if the Bolzano can be tamed a little. The little EJ is my most gentle razor.

I use a Slim regularly - I love it, but I wouldn't do 3 passes on 7, as I'd have a plate of raw meat where my face once was. I'd seriously advocate performing the first, WTG pass on 5, and then XTG on 6 or possibly 7. If I use mine with more than 24-36 hours' beard growth, I perform my first pass on 4 or even 3, then go WTG again on 5 or 6, then one XTG pass on 6, as this helps progressively trim the longer hairs in stages.

chrisbell said:
Bemused said:

I use a Slim regularly - I love it, but I wouldn't do 3 passes on 7, as I'd have a plate of raw meat where my face once was. I'd seriously advocate performing the first, WTG pass on 5, and then XTG on 6 or possibly 7. If I use mine with more than 24-36 hours' beard growth, I perform my first pass on 4 or even 3, then go WTG again on 5 or 6, then one XTG pass on 6, as this helps progressively trim the longer hairs in stages.

Yep I like my Slim its a birth year down to the quarter, but I usually use the Slim at 8 or 9 with a feather and three trad passes, so with the Bolzano I closed it down a couple of clicks, in hindsight I did not close close it down nearly far enough. :oops:
I use my Jagger for fast shaves and have become more dexterous with it than my Slim or Slant so I will install the Bolzano in the Jagger for now. I find the Jagger DE87 to shave like a Slim set around 4 or 5 btw. Once my face feels happy again I will move the Bolzano back to the considerably closed down Slim :lol:

My lovely H4 Slim,
Note the little "adjustable" side on card and sealed blades containing the instructions, spent some time after this little fellow.
459210959_o.jpg

All this talk of these blades made me break out one again. I actually got a DFS with no Irritation. :? :? from which it failed to deliver in the other 3 razors I had tried them in. They still felt a bit ruff on the first pass but as said gave me s good shave :shave

Well I seem to be getting on with the Bolzano Superinox now and have taken five shaves with the first blade, might actualy be six so it certainly seems to last longer than the Feather.
I have ran the blade through a Slim, DE87, and 39c slant.
I will drop a new blade in tommorow and see just how blunt it has become.

Back
Top Bottom