opening a can of worms: soaking badger brushes?

At the risk of opening the floor to subjective opinions, i would like to know if anybody has a clear explanation why Badger brushes would need to be soaked for a "long" time? Due to the density of many badgers i personally try to get them wet properly and tend to soak a couple of minutes but i truely fail to see why some people claim they shoudl be soaked for long time like 15 minutes and see this as a disadvantage for the badgers.

i would think that if Badger hair changes when it is soaked for several minutes vs lets say 15 minutes this would not be particularly advantageous to those badgers that prefer a swim in the morning vs a close shave.

is there really a quality improvement to be had by leaving the badger in the water for longer time or is this just folklore and legend?

The 15 minutes is probably determined by the length of time some people take in the shower. The key thing is to soak the brush, not just dip it in water before use. 'Shower time' is a useful catch all for new starters.

You're just too wimpy to splay a real man's shaving brush. ;)

No, I don't think it's that. However, FIFTEEN MINUTES in the shower??!! :unsure:

2ApfEN1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom