OneBlade Hybrid

Well that's that done.

Absolutely no nicks.
Absolutely no irritation.

Two days growth of my medium strength whiskers.

I had difficulty in deciding the angle of attack. I am used to Fusion cartridge shaving and there the lightness of the swivel spring and the relatively large area of contact leaves no doubt when optimum angle is achieved.

With Hybrid, the swivel spring is much stronger and area of contact much less such that it does not feel appropriate to apply so much pressure to flatten the contact area on skin. However if angle is low, then there is no shaving action and if too high then perhaps that is when swivel of head produces correct angle. I actually wonder if the swivel action is necessary. Perhaps it is there to attract cartridge shavers.

However once it is cutting then there is a lot of unusual feedback through the handle - probably due to the blade floating in the head.

I am sure that after a few shaves the user will quickly adapt.

I did quite a bit of ploughing after the third pass to research the angle of attack against the grain and despite this - no irritation.

A very interesting experience indeed.

Not one of disappointment.

Sadly, disappointments follow after second shave when you realise how short the blade's life span is.
I gave up pushing it to the third shave as it became very uncomfortable. Of course YMMV

Sadly, disappointments follow after second shave when you realise how short the blade's life span is.
I gave up pushing it to the third shave as it became very uncomfortable. Of course YMMV
I've seen others reporting this. Have you ever tried treating the blade on RazorPit device?

I've not tried the RazorPit with the Oneblade. I've also come to accept the short life of the FHS-10 blades which are still cheap in the grand scheme of things. It normally takes me 5+ shaves each time I pick the Oneblade up to get the best out of it but it always delivers when I do.

Another option for blade variety is to modify a GEM blade to fit. The blades can be bought here:

If you Google GEM blade modification you'll see some instructions on how to make them fit the Oneblade. You'll get more shaves out of these. Note that you'll need to do the modifications for the V2 head which is likely what you have on your Hybrid.

I am not sure why but I have never cottoned on to the looks of the oneThe One Blade..Yet I took the plunge and brought the Occams Oren which is also strange looking, but it is not tied down to one blade.

I've seen others reporting this. Have you ever tried treating the blade on RazorPit device?
Did not have a RazorPit at the time and no longer have the Oneblade now. It probably would have made a difference.
I believe the shaves OneBlade give are really close and comfortable with the least learning curve but probably the same reason for letting it go.

Looks like two shaves on my OneBlade Hybrid Feather blade. A third shave seems unlikely. I suppose this equates to four shaves from a DE blade with two edges sharing the task. Had expected more. Still no nicks or irritation.

Back
Top Bottom