Once more into the breach! Gannet squad alert!!

Greetings Gannet squad! I have been improving (I hope) my recipe, taking heed as best I could of feedback previously left. I will reserve bars for those who previously had them from me, as I am interested in the comparison, or anyone who bought a bowl. (Fido, I did try cinnamon in the first attempt at improvement, but the soap didn't work, but you will get another freebie in the future).
These are thin slices (Millay; don't say I never listen) approx 55g. In addition to bars for those who have already acted as guinea pigs, I have a few additional ones, so PM me with your address and choice of bar, and I will let you know if there are any left. I have two slightly different recipes, with slightly different ratios of sodium and potassium hydroxide used for saponification.

I will post them 2nd class at no charge to your good selves. As to when they will arrive, given current state of the post, God knows! I will be very grateful for your feedback in due course.

Eucalyptus and Tea Tree - a good morning soap, medicinal type smell as you would expect

Lavender - probably the most popular essential oil in the world, great any time of day, but ideal for night time shavers due to its calmative effects

Basic ingredients of both soaps:
Mango Butter
Shea Butter
Cocoa Butter
Coconut oil
Bentonite clay

The E & T also has silk, Eucalyptus and Tea Tree essential oils
The Lavender has added vegetable glycerin and Lavender essential oil

SirPrize! Your bravey will not be forgotten, not go unrewarded. However, should you suffer grievious bodily harm in the course of your endeavours on behalf of the soapy Motherland, you'll just have to take it on the chin :)

soapalchemist said:
SirPrize! Your bravey will not be forgotten, not go unrewarded. However, should you suffer grievious bodily harm in the course of your endeavours on behalf of the soapy Motherland, you'll just have to take it on the chin :)

I can think of much worse places to take it!
So you are both a wit and an alchemist - doubly welcome aboard!

Lavender nearly gone...I misjudged the takeup completely, presuming that all you hunky funky male type persons who change plugs with your eyes closed and dispose of spiders and what the cat brought in (sorry, still somewhat traumatised by an incident involving cat and GIANT frog today) would go for the invigorating uplifting scent of Eucalyptus and Tea Tree (from the land where men are men and women are Shei..........) sorry, forgot for a moment I was once a radical feminist. Nowadays, I'm just a woman who makes soap....but don't no-one get in my way.
Anyone remember Shulamith Firestone????
If it assists, the E & T is a harder bar...maybe more suited to a boar hair brush? Will take more work, but will last longer.

O.K. now I'm feeling like I've invaded the sacred space.....but, trust me, at this moment in time, my main aim is to get the beard to slide off your face....with no unfortunate after effects.

Greetings all,
Just to confirm I've sent out your samples today by 1st class, as I was too lazy to get it organised in time for our last Saturday collection. So with any luck you may have them in a day or two.
And remember, if you still find you can't shave with it, you can still use it as a very nice ordinary soap.
I await your feedback, on all relevant soapy aspects.

Back
Top Bottom