Omega and Simpson Comparison

I have had an interest in the Omega Evo synthetic brushes for some time.....but the risk of a glue bump was just too much of a gamble. Omega have recently released their range of two Roma brushes. this one is their Colosseum version and weighs in at 31mm x 54mm. There is no discernible glue bump.

IMost people are familiar with the Trafalgar T3 and I also have the rather elusive Chubby 3 both in Sovereign Fibre. I thought it would be interesting to compare the 3 of them

Roma Colosseum 31mm x 54mm
Simpsons Chubby 31mm x 54mm
Simpsons Trafalgar T3 29.9 x 50mm.

Initial opinion is that they all use the same fibre....which would suggest that the Roma range is very good value for money

Great comparison, thanks for posting it.

It seemed the Omega Roma & Simpsons Trafalgar series brushes looked similar to the possibility there were made the in the same factory, but it now it seems they definitely are. Both series of brushes are priced roughly the same as well.

There was a good thread on B&B about the Trafalgar series brushes

Can anyone compare the Simpson Trafalgar knot with the AP Shave Co SynBad knot? I haven’t tried the Trafalgar yet, but the SynBad is best synthetic I’ve tried so far In terms of face-feel, minimal springiness and ease of splaying.

@culcreuch , can you compare the Chubby against the T3

I’m curious about the effect of the difference in knot “height” (50 x 54 mm). (I’m assuming the 29.9 x 31 mm difference is fairly small).

@culcreuch , can you compare the Chubby against the T3

I’m curious about the effect of the difference in knot “height” (50 x 54 mm). (I’m assuming the 29.9 x 31 mm difference is fairly small).
The Chubby handle is bigger and of course has all the Simpson bits (name, gold sticker and Simpson box. The chubby knot is bigger than the T3....but not by much. Apart from the kudos of having a chubby.....I honestly don't think there is much point in spending the extra cash!

Back
Top Bottom