Ollie's shaving manual for beginners

Hi all, im new to the forum, also new to de looking to go SR eventually... I'm doing pretty well, being shaving about 6 weeks now... One bit I'm struggling with, under the jawlineits taking me 3-4 passes to get it anywhere near the rest of my face which I can do in 2 Wtg and xtg... any advice on that?

Hi all, im new to the forum, also new to de looking to go SR eventually... I'm doing pretty well, being shaving about 6 weeks now... One bit I'm struggling with, under the jawlineits taking me 3-4 passes to get it anywhere near the rest of my face which I can do in 2 Wtg and xtg... any advice on that?

You might not be maintaining the correct blade angle, which is easily done just below the jawline as it's at a very different angle to the rest of the neck. All I can suggest to correct that would be that you slow down and keep checking in the mirror to ensure that you're maintaing the correct angle. Alternatively, you might not have accurately mapped your beard in that area, though I'd expect that, if you were unknowingly going ATG too soon, you'd have irritation or ingrowns in that area.

That's the thing, my ingrowns have disappeared since changing to de from Gillette fusion, I know which way the hair goes etc I just seem to struggle keeping the blade at the right angle! Practice and perseverance makes perfect but any tips on the part would go a long way!

Afternoon all,

I know this is a very all thread but it's been very useful for me in my first DE shave. I keep feeling my own face the shave was soo good. I definitely need practice, as I'm not very good with keeping the angle right of the razor and get my own routine sorted.

I'm absolutely going to try and promote the proper wet shave experience as I found the whole thing very therapeutic and relaxing. Having half an hour of peace and nothing else to concentrate on.

YB

Afternoon all,

I know this is a very all thread but it's been very useful for me in my first DE shave. I keep feeling my own face the shave was soo good. I definitely need practice, as I'm not very good with keeping the angle right of the razor and get my own routine sorted.

I'm absolutely going to try and promote the proper wet shave experience as I found the whole thing very therapeutic and relaxing. Having half an hour of peace and nothing else to concentrate on.

YB

welcome to the forum...agreed therapeutic and relaxing...you are on a great journey

A noisy environment can be a big problem for me. I can't hear the scritch of the blade and so I miss out on important feedback.

If I'm feeling for the perfect angle, I'll start with a really shallow angle (razor handle up towards perpendicular) and then slowly increase the angle until I can hear the blade cutting. Even leaving the tap running will drown that out.

Someone started hoovering outside the bathroom the other day and I had to stop shaving until they were done. Not being sure of the blade angle is a lucky dip for nicks & cuts.

It might be different for a more experienced DE shaver (I'm about a dozen shaves in to my DE career).

A noisy environment can be a big problem for me. I can't hear the scritch of the blade and so I miss out on important feedback...

It might be different for a more experienced DE shaver (I'm about a dozen shaves in to my DE career).

"Feedback" is not important as that relates to particular razor harmonics and little (if anything) to do with actual results. Hang in there.

Don't know about anyone else, but in the beginning, almost 3 years ago, wow seems like forever now, the sound of feedback was really important to me in help find the optimum angle to hold the razor to perform at its most efficient. Its like the particular 'song' of each particular razor. and I'm sure you'll agree they're all different, with various different sounds particular to each. So extraneous sound was a hinderance to my initial learning sometimes

Just a word: I've started not long ago ( a few weeks) and I now easily find the right gesture and angle. Got great shaves now. Sound feedback is an important point. I do appreciate some blade feeling on my skin also.

and making the shaved stubble sink into their follicles a little.
Eso es solo UNA SENSACION, no un hecho, el unico producto que retrae el foliculo es el aceite de Alcanfor (Kamphora) , y hay pocos productos actuales que lo usen , sigue existiendo el Lite Flite, de Kiehl's, que lo usa pero muy pocos aftershaves tienen ese contenido . Hay uno de Pereira Shavery, un balsamo , que he probado .. pero poco mas realmente . Kiehls, en su origen era un farmaceutico de NY, pero la formula de su jabon no ha sido alterada (creo !) .. mas info en https://refineriadecaballeros.wordp...ehls-lite-flite-jabon-de-afeitar-para-brocha/

Back
Top Bottom