Old v New. Schick Super 11 & Feather F 11 Neo

mpf9ret

Supporter
Supporter
Though I rarely Shave with Carts I have acquired a couple for Travel purposes.
A couple of days ago decided that after some time and having acquired a mint oldie, I should give them a try.First of all I tried out a Schick Super 11 with an NOS Schick Super 11 Ultrex twin blade, and it was quite a pleasant experience which yielded a decent finish.

Today I tried out a more modern Cart - The Feather 11 Neo fitted with a F11 twin blade.From the off I found the Shave to be a chore, and even tried out the pivot mode but that did not help speed things up. I eventually got a reasonable finish, but it was not superior to that achieved with the oldie and took far longer.

IMG_0373.jpeg

IMG_0371.jpeg

Though I rarely Shave with Carts I have acquired a couple for Travel purposes.
A couple of days ago decided that after some time and having acquired a mint oldie, I should give them a try.First of all I tried out a Schick Super 11 with an NOS Schick Super 11 Ultrex twin blade, and it was quite a pleasant experience which yielded a decent finish.

Today I tried out a more modern Cart - The Feather 11 Neo fitted with a F11 twin blade.From the off I found the Shave to be a chore, and even tried out the pivot mode but that did not help speed things up. I eventually got a reasonable finish, but it was not superior to that achieved with the oldie and took far longer.

View attachment 100720

View attachment 100721
Does that schick cart have a pivoting head?

Try out the bic metal se cart, best cart I've ever used, it doesnt have a pivoting head but reminds me of the twig razor by leaf shave

Does that schick cart have a pivoting head?

Try out the bic metal se cart, best cart I've ever used, it doesnt have a pivoting head but reminds me of the twig razor by leaf shave
The one I used did not, but they did produce versions that did. My Razor dates from the 70s.
Modern versions are available from Asia .
Not at all interested in trying more Carts.

Back
Top Bottom