Old Spice Safety razor - Real or Fake

Hi,

I had picked up a safety razor in India around 8 years ago.

I had picked it up at a flea market.

The name of the box it came in and also the top of the razor say's "old Spice"

Does old spice make or used to make safety razor. I think this is just a local product using the name of old spice

I am also attaching the pictures of the razor here.

Can any of you experts tell me if this is the real deal or is it as I guessed

Cheers
Shamreez

WP_000582.jpg

WP_000581.jpg

WP_000579.jpg

WP_000578.jpg

WP_000577.jpg

hhmmm
interesting....
But I think I would have to dispose it myself since I only paid £2.5 for it
(When you are in college you bargain a lot in the flea markets of India)
:D

Im no expert but I think It's probably the real deal, commissioned by Old Spice from Gillette or another maker for a promotion or exclusive line for a new market etc.
Nice find.
regards, beejay

Personally I think it's probably a locally made razor, there are a lot of Gillette copies made in India and the workmanship on the inside of the silo doors doesn't quite look right somehow for a Gillette. Looks like a homage to a slim adjustable. I'm nothing like an expert mind you, I'm just your bog standard shaving enthusiast and thankfully we have more knowlegeable people here.

Beejay is right that sometimes special items are commissioned to promote brands. Old Spice never made their own razors as far as I know, but yeah, could be promotional tie-in I guess.

Having said all that it's still very interesting and £2.5 is a bargain for such a nice nik-nak.

I just found the price on the bottol of the box and it is not £2.5 but almost £1 so I dont think I would be ever parting with this as the postage would be more than the razor.

And I am not planning to use it any way

Even if it doesn't have any real monetary value, I think it's interesting just a curiosity - and at that price, it's something that I would have definitely picked up myself :D

Sorry yes, it is more like a slim twist.

On reflection I'm thinking it's not impossible that it's Gillette made you know... obviously there's the Gillette India factory and they make the 7 o'clock razor just for the Eastern market, maybe this was something that wasn't intended for the Western market.
As per the quality comment I made, again it's possible as the Indian factory makes things to a lower price point than the other factories and with lower overheads. The Indian 7 o'clock blades are often thought to be not quite the same as the Russian.

Make 1 product in 2 separate countries and you're bound to get some inconsistencies in the finished product.

well you do have a point there canuck. I dont think they can afford to make the quality we get here with a selling price of £2

If they can do it than it means that all of the western world is being ripped daily for eons

These cheap razors are locally made in india, there are lots of different ones available, some come in the exact same boxes that Parker razors come in.

355420432_o.jpg

355421288_o.jpg

They were being sold last year by seller "Namaste World" i got one of the butterfly ones at christmas as a cheap razor to throw in as a gift. work out under a tenner shipped.

I'm sure it is, as suggested , a promo. I've still got a couple of plastic twin blade disposable Brut razor packs with 3 razors in each. In the old Brut plastic bottle colour and stamped with the logo. Used to see various "hardware" shaving products back in the days when Old Spice made tinted after shave talcum powder & Brut turned out 'Enry's boxing glove soap on a rope. Nice wee souvenier.

JohnnyO. \:sleepy:

Back
Top Bottom