Old french razors rescaled

I have kindly receipt a razor from a friend, it was as 'crappy' as you can see below this lines. The razor was in a Wade&Butcher box, and it seems to have been neglected during several years

P5233239.jpg

It was a french wedge called "Lécollier à Nogent", I don't know the history of the brand, I'll thank the information given by you.
I clean and sand the razor by hand and rescaled in thiers issard black resin sclaes. The razor is very long, more than Solingen's 6/8, in this way I bought a Thiers Issard set for it. I know, I know, they can be made from wood, but I am not as talented as some members of this forum, sorry.

P6093564-20110609.jpg

By hand it's impossible to clean more the blade before the arrival of the humans to Mars, then the razor keeps some deep pitting, but for me it's not a problem, I like to see that this razor is an aged object.

P6093563-20110609.jpg

P6093562-20110609.jpg

In the other hand....Fontenille 134 Radium, especial "pour barbe dure" spanish point, engraved spine, what a beauty. The scales let the edge appears and this risk makes me plain to rescale it.
this was the original:

fontenille_tc.jpg

As the other razor, cleaned, sanded, polished and rescaled in cedarwood. I think taht it's not a bad result for a "real handmade" polish.

P6093565-20110609.jpg

A shave of the day pic showing the razor

P6093561-1.jpg

The edge of this razor is as promised in the goldwash (retired in the sanding because it was damaged), is a razor that works very well with heavy beards, it takes a terrific edge.

Nice blades José! I love the smell of ceder wood + it´s antiseptic and it should draw moist from the blade ... Bloody brilliant to use cede wood as scales! :D

Nice job Jose, and excellent pics of course.

I like the pitting on the Nogent, it looks very characterful, but I don't imagine it'll make honing any easier. Did you buy in the cedar scales? At first I assumed that it must be the Honduras species, but it certainly looks like the super soft European variety, in which case your pinning is well nigh miraculous. A really gorgeous looking razor, that. :D

Arrowhead said:
Nice job Jose, and excellent pics of course.

I like the pitting on the Nogent, it looks very characterful, but I don't imagine it'll make honing any easier. Did you buy in the cedar scales? At first I assumed that it must be the Honduras species, but it certainly looks like the super soft European variety, in which case your pinning is well nigh miraculous. A really gorgeous looking razor, that. :D
Thanks for the comments everybody

The scales have been bought at 1barber.be, as I said, I am not as talented to make my own scales

Back
Top Bottom