Oil and cream/soap?

Hi all,

It's been a while as I lost the site details (I know how did I not save it in my favourites)....

On doing my post Xmas treat yourself to shaving products. I thought I'd ask my learned aficionados on what may be an obvious question.

Shavings oils, what are the current views, with cream or soap use the oil before you shave (hours before in some cases).

I've bought some (on order) and am not sure whether to have them just for travel if we can ever travel again, or incorporate into my routine to freshen it up a bit.

Any views?

Merry xmas and happy new year to all.

Thanks

Mark

I've had bad experiences with shaving oil. It broke the lather down on the surface of my skin and I ended up with razor burn following its use. This could potentially be attributed to the use of too much oil but the experiences put me off. I only use the Proraso pre-shave now although I have enjoyed a Rasozero pre-shave that was kindly given to me by @RussellR5555

I've had bad experiences with shaving oil. It broke the lather down on the surface of my skin and I ended up with razor burn following its use. This could potentially be attributed to the use of too much oil but the experiences put me off. I only use the Proraso pre-shave now although I have enjoyed a Rasozero pre-shave that was kindly given to me by @RussellR5555

Thanks for the quick response, I may just use it as an alternative when travelling etc or looking for a quicker touch up shave. I was a bit worried about that to be honest.

Did Santa bring you any shaving stuff?

Enjoy many great new year shaves.

Regards

Mark

Did Santa bring you any shaving stuff?
Voilà

Voilà

That le grande looks interesting what smell is it? Did you write a list or did family know what to buy? Good haul!

Shavings oils, what are the current views, with cream or soap use the oil before you shave (hours before in some cases).

It's more of an "either/or" question, they're not supposed to be mixed together (and what would the point be anyway?).

I've tried a bunch of oils back in the day, the one that works consistently is the American Crew Ultra Gliding Shave Oil - had good results with injectors and mild-ish DEs, and a somewhat decent result with Feather SS.

The shave is not nearly as comfortable or enjoyable as with a brush and soap - but perfect if you're on a road and can only bring bare essentials.

It's more of an "either/or" question, they're not supposed to be mixed together (and what would the point be anyway?).

I've tried a bunch of oils back in the day, the one that works consistently is the American Crew Ultra Gliding Shave Oil - had good results with injectors and mild-ish DEs, and a somewhat decent result with Feather SS.

The shave is not nearly as comfortable or enjoyable as with a brush and soap - but perfect if you're on a road and can only bring bare essentials.
Makes sense, thanks for clarifying.

Back
Top Bottom