Ogallala Shave Soap

Morning gents,

I was just wondering if anyone has tried these shave soaps?

From what I understand they have been improved from the first lot of soaps and now have added shea butter.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. Is it good as Mama Bears??

I tried one, about six months ago, and didn't rate it at all. It couldn't hold the lather. However, as you say, it could have improved since then, I haven't tried it since.

I bought some in B&H's last sale, with burnt orange I think. I've not used it a great deal yet as it's subsequently been outsoaped by Sante and MDC, but I will return to it.

I don't ever remember any problems holding lather, if I had any criticism it would have been that the lather had a tendency to dry a bit quickly, that said I didn't really use it enough to get the soap:water ratio right. Its worth trying some in my opinion. I've got a couple of MB's which have also been neglected of late, but its on a parr with them.

Cheers for the comments lads but it doesn't look like I'll be trying this anytime soon after B&H's news :(

oversaturn said:
Dipesh said:
Cheers for the comments lads but it doesn't look like I'll be trying this anytime soon after B&H's news :(

The disappearing of B&H is a sad event. :(
Are there other European vendors of Ogalalla Bay Rum?

Apparently not. "traditionalshaving" has suggested in the thread about B&H that, for anyone to sell it here, it would have to be tested and passed by some kind of agency.

Back
Top Bottom