Odd Job

There was a time when deposits were charged on glass pop bottles at most shops. As a young boy I lived about two miles from York racecourse, at the end of each race day I took my pushbike and filled shopping bags with Schweppes ginger ale bottles, being small but having the same deposit, these bottles had been thrown down by race goers, I then took all the bottles back to my local shop and claimed the deposit on each

My colleague's father was a scientist at Sellafield. He would get summer jobs through his dad, whilst he was a student. This would be in the mid 80s. One of his jobs was to clean the walls of pools that had contained "liquid". I'm told a good pair of wellies & overalls were issued. Stuff that! Thankfully, he is very much fit and well. He was never told what had been stored there.

At that point you ask what his half life is.

I have been involved with Sellafield and its decommissioning, we had a business plan to 3012by which time it returns to a green field site.

Without getting too heavy the problem with nuclear power is that you gain short term power but with long tail liabilities and unlimited and uninsurable liabilities that can only be underwritten by Government.

...Without getting too heavy the problem with nuclear power is that you gain short term power but with long tail liabilities and unlimited and uninsurable liabilities that can only be underwritten by Government.

Of course, long term consequences won't seem nearly as important when one is freezing to death. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: PHR
Back
Top Bottom