October 2016 Acquisitions

My 1938-41 Gillette Fat Handle Tech, replated in rose gold. My warmest thanks and highest recommendations @jaycee-uk of www.razorplating.co.uk for a beautiful restoration!! Note the includion of a 3D printed used blade safe and 2 packs of some of my favourite blades too! I should add that my poor photographic techniques don't do Jay's work any justice but, believe me, my favourite Gillette now looks in mint condition.

Attachments

• 20161029_094820.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Looks great mate!.....A job well done.

... Note the includion of a 3D printed used blade safe and 2 packs of some of my favourite blades too!
View attachment 21581

That blade-safe looks like a great idea. Is it all one piece, i.e. unopenable? Modern version of a piggy-bank.
Can you tell us more about it? I can see many different design versions of this being done in future.

That blade-safe looks like a great idea. Is it all one piece, i.e. unopenable? Modern version of a piggy-bank.
Can you tell us more about it? I can see many different design versions of this being done in future.
Hi @fancontroller ...it is indeed a one piece item. It was generously included by @jaycee-uk as part of my restored Tech. My inherent Ludditery would make Jay the ideal chap to tell you a bit more about it. You're right, though; great potential for design, etc.