Occams SE Razors - Which one do you prefer.

mpf9ret

Supporter
Supporter
I was one of those who persevered with my Occams Razors, despite early production problems. So I have The Oren, Enoch and Hiram Commander.
The Oren despite its looks actually does deliver a decent Shave, but is purely functional.
The Enoch is quite striking and once one gets over the hurdle of loading the blade, it functions as a traditional type Razor. However, I find it quite angle sensitive and I have to work hard to get a really close all round finish.
The Hiram Commander is rather large and heavy, but once in the hand it becomes very tactile and actually very agile.I find it very comfortable to Shave with, and can get a very close all round finish without any hassle.
I have over the last week Shaved with all Three Razors, and today’s Shave with The Hiram Commander made me realise why I reach for it more than I do The Oren or Enoch.

02491860-B633-45A3-9AB0-269E04F8F477.jpeg4617A2C0-CCDF-4742-BAB2-E88BD324D84A.jpeg

The original Occam's is my first ( and still my only ) AC razor and I'm getting my best shaves from it since fitting the most aggressive guard (#3).
#1 & #2 weren't bad, but #3 seems to suit my hair type and routine better. Extremely efficient with no compromise on comfort.
I haven't tried any other Occam's razors but I do love the look of the Enoch and HC.
Does the Hiram also come with interchangeable top guards ?

TBH I've been a bit disappointed with the blade life I'm getting from the ProGuards. I had expected around a dozen shaves or so from a blade but I only get half that.
I was happy to compromise on the added expense of AC blades due to the extended blade life I was expecting but unfortunately its not a benefit I've experienced with them.
In any case I really enjoy my shaves with Occam's but I'm still on the fence regarding further pursuit in the AC world.

The original Occam's is my first ( and still my only ) AC razor and I'm getting my best shaves from it since fitting the most aggressive guard (#3).
#1 & #2 weren't bad, but #3 seems to suit my hair type and routine better. Extremely efficient with no compromise on comfort.
I haven't tried any other Occam's razors but I do love the look of the Enoch and HC.
Does the Hiram also come with interchangeable top guards ?

TBH I've been a bit disappointed with the blade life I'm getting from the ProGuards. I had expected around a dozen shaves or so from a blade but I only get half that.
I was happy to compromise on the added expense of AC blades due to the extended blade life I was expecting but unfortunately its not a benefit I've experienced with them.
In any case I really enjoy my shaves with Occam's but I'm still on the fence regarding further pursuit in the AC world.
Currently on the 13th shave using one Kai Captain blade, still as smooth as the first shave, give them a try.

Currently on the 13th shave using one Kai Captain blade, still as smooth as the first shave, give them a try.
Good going. (y)
Yes, I've read many good comments about Kai. I'll look into giving them a go when the ProGuards are done.
I should caveat here by saying my routine is less frequent than many. I usually shave every 3 - 5 days so I always have a decent growth and I reckon this is also influential to blade longevity, however I still expected a bit more from these. My hair must be like steel wool !?

I have just the original model of the Oren, but it's one of my favourite AC razors. It always shaves well, and is among my razors that are least likely to clog, and easiest to clear if it does.

Once I'd got over it looking like a potato peeler, it worked its way into my affection.

Good going. (y)
Yes, I've read many good comments about Kai. I'll look into giving them a go when the ProGuards are done.
I should caveat here by saying my routine is less frequent than many. I usually shave every 3 - 5 days so I always have a decent growth and I reckon this is also influential to blade longevity, however I still expected a bit more from these. My hair must be like steel wool !?
Same here, I try to shave every 4 days but sometimes leave it longer, coarse hair and quick beard growth so each shave is taking quite a bit of hair off.

Bought 3 packs of Kai Captains from Connaughts. At first I thought the AC blades pricey compared to DE, but if they continue to average 14 shaves I will have enough to last me many years.

Just had a second Shave with The Hiram, as that yesterday was extraordinarily long lasting. So hoping tonight’s Shave will last well into tomorrow morning, as we are off to a Funeral in the morning a 6am.
Kept it simple using Vitos Super Red which always provides a great Lather to work with.

A17A32B0-C050-4BF7-B2D2-A2799EADCA27.jpeg

Had the original but passed it on. Decent shavers, but prefer the Razorrock AC.

The HC looks nice, similar to the original AC razor the Cobra, but obviously better built.

Might be tempted to pick one up at somepoint.

Back
Top Bottom