Now this is what you call mint condition Fatboy?

Looking at this on the Bay, I would have in the past had a bid on this, but through the years i've been stung to many times with import duty, so I tend to leave anything from the USA alone unless it's a absolute steal. But still it's very tempting.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160585925629&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT</a><!-- m -->

Jamie.

Looks to be in fine condition. The outer cardbord box is very rare (first I've seen).

Expect it to go for silly money.

I buy from the USA too, but I tend to only get the job lots of random crap that I wouldn't mind too much if it got lost!

I always get stung by Royal Mails customs - so factor that into the price.

J

I can see this fetching well over a ton,although I don't think the blade pack is original,they're blue if I remember rightly so :roll:

Looks lovely. So if you put in a fun bid and somehow got it, do you use it or do you put it to one side because a mint condition FB will surely accumulate value?

I would buy it to use it, I remember reading a story once, it went along the lines of, this old guy was clearing out the belongings of his late wife, among them were some bottles of perfume she had bought, she had kept them unused for a few years saying, they were for special occasions, alas those occasions never came around, she died before ever using them. Me I buy it, I use it, just in case I never get the chance to……

RideTheBlade said:
I would buy it to use it, I remember reading a story once, it went along the lines of, this old guy was clearing out the belongings of his late wife, among them were some bottles of perfume she had bought, she had kept them unused for a few years saying, they were for special occasions, alas those occasions never came around, she died before ever using them. Me I buy it, I use it, just in case I never get the chance to……

I'm in your camp!
Tim

It was rare with the outer box and could have went for more, I have seen stranger prices. Still it is a bit eye watering for what at the end of the day to us is a Fatboy, it is the condition that is everything and that is what the collectors will pay silly money for.

Goodfella said:
mossym said:
Did you guys see the price this went for in the end? :eek:
It went for $335 in the end

Over £200!!!!! Wah wah wah. And Customs (sorry UKBA) would want their slice when it came into the country. And practically no chance they would miss it!

But £200 is way out of my league. Fortunately I have one but not in that sort of condition. Perhaps I should just get it a 6,000 mile service or replated or something.

Skin Glider said:
Could easily be "valued at $20 " for customs .

No matter what it sold for.....the buyer will be happy. And maybe one day might have the last laugh !

I agree, 200 quid is a lot of money to spend on a fatboy, however this is very special, and no doubt will keep it's value, (and probably increase in value) over the years.
I've seen unboxed ones go for $100+

If the person who bought thinks it was worth it, then it was :)

Max

Back
Top Bottom