Now here's an over hyped razor...

well not really. It's just a fairly unusual razor in mint condition which makes it a perfect collector's item, rare, unused with complete and original packaging. I'd expect it to double in price (£150 ish) but who knows.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130400534445&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1154" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 500wt_1154</a><!-- m -->

Had another look there, as it is listed as new and not ever used yes I will most likely go for £150 upwards, but in reality it is a Fatboy with a different blade change. I have never read of anyone claiming a brill shave, nostalgic and special but as far as I know it is a fancy Fatboy.

Wouldn't knock it back at the right price though.

I own a Mint "Toggle" and a Mint US Aristograt, i got them in a Trade with a user on Badger & Blade for a Wilkinson Sticky that cost me £2.00 from kempton antiques fair !

it doesn't shave any better than my fat boy or most other vintage gillettes, but i will say they are really nice looking razors and they do look good as part of a collection and that is where the money is unfortunatley !

Fortunatley i was able to replace the sticky about a month later...

Steve

The toggle is a nice razor, but not better than its non-toggle counterparts. It is convenient, and relatively rare, seeing that it was only produced in a single year, and apparently only for the holiday season. I have one date-coded F3, third quarter 1960. 1960 being my year of birth. There are a few around from 1959 (date code E), but those apparently are all 'prototypes'. Not that I knew any of this when I bought it from Merwtje. Mine came without box or anything, an was clearly used, since some of the plating is gone, but is in excellent condition otherwise. I certainly would NOT pay that kind of money for a toggle.

They dont come up on e bay you that often, and they seem popular with collectors, i will see how much it goes for, though would never pay that much for a razor.

I really thought it would have went for more to a US collector, I have seen worse ones go for more and that seemed to be unused, ceetainly it was listed as new.

Nice to look at and I am sure both the buyer and seller are happy.

Back
Top Bottom