Not shaving related but any feedback on my artwork would be much appreciated

Not at all...feel free to post whatever you like. It's all relevant, it is the history behind where it all began...that's awesome and is also very interesting, I was looking at some of the ancient Egyptian stuff and it's crazy how far back this art form goes, some of the work was amazing. I love the way it has developed, the techniques used and the colours we have today are great but how it was done originally is equally admirable if not more so !

Cool - I'll go find something for tomorrow. The materials available to any artist are one thing but I think the instinct is more important? Yours - I.

Cool - I'll go find something for tomorrow. The materials available to any artist are one thing but I think the instinct is more important? Yours - I.
Yes please do and absolutely I couldn't agree more I believe anybody can learn art but learning how to do something and doing what comes from within are 2 different things

SR - Kells - 01.jpg

Evening mate - I was thinking more about the idea of medieval tags - this a a panel from the Book of Kells. Produced somewhere around 800ce - this style was only found in Ireland, Scotland or the north of England - by Celtic Christian monks. Why is it a tag? The whole thing is actually just two letters. It's a chi-rho, C and H in ancient Greek - the first letters of 'christos' it was a symbol of the early Christian churches. Church tradition holds that the letters were adopted as a divinely inspired battle standard by Constantine the Great at a crucial moment - some 500 years before this page was drawn. Cheers - I.

@Barry Giddens @Olie29

View attachment 29453

Evening mate - I was thinking more about the idea of medieval tags - this a a panel from the Book of Kells. Produced somewhere around 800ce - this style was only found in Ireland, Scotland or the north of England - by Celtic Christian monks. Why is it a tag? The whole thing is actually just two letters. It's a chi-rho, C and H in ancient Greek - the first letters of 'christos' it was a symbol of the early Christian churches. Church tradition holds that the letters were adopted as a divinely inspired battle standard by Constantine the Great at a crucial moment - some 500 years before this page was drawn. Cheers - I.

@Barry Giddens @Olie29
This is awesome there must have been so many hours work gone into this piece, so much attention to detail. We take for granted today and just pick up a colour and half of the work is done for us, they were very clever people we still use a lot of Greek symbols today in in things such as electrics. There are quite a lot of similarities in the tags we do today, there is really nothing new it has all been done before or has come from inspiration of what's been done before. It's great to see where the idea of tagging has come come from and take my own inspiration from it.

Cheers buddy great piece

I'd like to see what you could create with watercolours. You've obviously a knack for the design, experimenting with blended colours could be cool.
I'm not really a fan of the usual use of water colours but I would definitely like to try and do something creative with them and see what effects I can achieve..want to have a go with different textures too ! Will post when I get round to having a go and see what people think

I'm not really a fan of the usual use of water colours but I would definitely like to try and do something creative with them and see what effects I can achieve..want to have a go with different textures too ! Will post when I get round to having a go and see what people think
Something almost extreme is what I had in mind, to reflect the style in which you draw. :) Think purple blended into yellow, that sort of wild :D

Something almost extreme is what I had in mind, to reflect the style in which you draw. :) Think purple blended into yellow, that sort of wild :D
Yeh I quite like using loud contrasting colours need to experiment with all different materials and water colours are definitely something I need to play about with, I think many people write them off because the first thing you think of is landscape but there is so much more you can do with them... you've certainly given me some food for thought thank you

Very.much in to art as a hobby and plans are to do a 2 years master's in fine art when I retire. Of course the term fine art encompasses a multitude of sins. At the moment I'm playing around with conceptualism which is a whole new ball game for me and once very opposed to its existence. Post some samples when next home.

As it I like your style and approach. Very big fan of graffiti or to be nice 'street art'. I have some ideas I would love to translate in to actual pieces but at 57 not sure I could out run the police. Also includes a few ideas for some large installation pieces but that gets even harder to work out 'how?'

Good luck with your adventure and look forward to seeing a new talent on the street. The world needs a new Banksy as I do get bored of his work and detracts from who else is out there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom