Not a good time to crack a joke.

Round my then girl friends house ( now my wife ) for a formal sitting with her mum and dad for the first time, there was an awkward silence in the room. Seizing the moment to crack a joke just to lightin the mood mind you....

An English man, Scottish man, Irish man, driving through the desert in a land rover, when the bloody thing konks out. Deciding to walk the rest of the way the English man instructed the Scottish and Irish man to each take one item for survival.

The Scottish man takes his money, the English man takes water, the Irish man ripped the door off the land rover.

After 5 hours walking in the baking hot sun the English man looks at the Scottish man and asks...... what did you bring mate coz I brought water?
Me money lad I'll nooo be leaving that behind replied the Scottish man.

The English man and Scottish man look at the Irish man lugging the heavy car door around, and the English man just gotta know asks the Irish man....

What's with the f@#*ing door then?

The Irish man replied ahh yes when it gets to hot I'll wind down the window to let the cool breeze in.

Now I was expecting some laughter, but alas none was forthcoming from the parents as they left the room in a huff, my now wife whispered in my ear My dad's Scottish and mum's Irish......:eek::eek::eek:

I'll get my coat then!

Not my finest of moments :LOL:

Round my then girl friends house ( now my wife ) for a formal sitting with her mum and dad for the first time, there was an awkward silence in the room. Seizing the moment to crack a joke just to lightin the mood mind you....

An English man, Scottish man, Irish man, driving through the desert in a land rover, when the bloody thing konks out. Deciding to walk the rest of the way the English man instructed the Scottish and Irish man to each take one item for survival.

The Scottish man takes his money, the English man takes water, the Irish man ripped the door off the land rover.

After 5 hours walking in the baking hot sun the English man looks at the Scottish man and asks...... what did you bring mate coz I brought water?
Me money lad I'll nooo be leaving that behind replied the Scottish man.

The English man and Scottish man look at the Irish man lugging the heavy car door around, and the English man just gotta know asks the Irish man....

What's with the f@#*ing door then?

The Irish man replied ahh yes when it gets to hot I'll wind down the window to let the cool breeze in.

Now I was expecting some laughter, but alas none was forthcoming from the parents as they left the room in a huff, my now wife whispered in my ear My dad's Scottish and mum's Irish......:eek::eek::eek:

I'll get my coat then!

Not my finest of moments :LOL:
Class!

When I was a young lad growing up in Erith, it was normal for people to tell jokes like that all the time, just my luck the new in-laws would be Scottish and Irish :LOL:
I still do. If the wokerati don't like it it's their problem. I'm not changing at my time of life for some kid that's only been off the breast for 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom