Not a good day shave wise :(

I started writing this in the shave of the day thread but the more I typed, the more I realised it didn't really fit the format so I bunged it here instead.

Definitely not a good day! Got up at 0520 to find there was a power cut, going to work unshaven is not an option and I didn't fancy slicing my nose off in the dark so had to dig around in the dark for a battery powered electric eeeewww.

By 9 o'clock it looked like I hadn't bothered, so I thought I'd shave in the shower after I'd been to the gym. All I could find in my gym wash kit was a crappy twin blade disposable and a bar of shield soap! Made do in the end but not the usual enjoyable experience.

The moral of the story, keep decent back up shaving kit in my locker

Stitch306 said:
Got up at 0520

Personally, I would have ditched the visit to the Gym (something that I have managed to do every day for the last 41 years :lol: ) waited for it to get light then shaved. I assume it was lack of light that prevented your shave?

Ian

and then used one candle for light, and the other to burn off the stubble

Ian

No candles, the only torch I could find was a single LED job you had to keep the button pressed in and couldn't wait for daylight as I had to be at work for 0630. The Army don't really work on 'sorry boss, had to wait for daylight!'