Norwich Evening Record Valet auto strop

ekeko

Chocoholic
Supporter
Picked this up the other day, early valets work for me with the GEM blade. Can’t use Feather, seem too coarse. Anybody else have similar experience?
Norwich Evening Record 18?? - 1952 Connecticut USA, not the Norwich in England.
Does anyone have any comments on the origins of this type of branding? Maybe the newspaper gave them away to readers?
Have a great weekend everybody,

8F825A3C-6B81-4E98-8C13-186979497610.jpeg660FB48E-9B5C-4394-80B2-6A43AD161881.jpeg

Picked this up the other day, early valets work for me with the GEM blade. Can’t use Feather, seem too coarse. Anybody else have similar experience?
Norwich Evening Record 18?? - 1952 Connecticut USA, not the Norwich in England.
Does anyone have any comments on the origins of this type of branding? Maybe the newspaper gave them away to readers?
Have a great weekend everybody,

View attachment 89442View attachment 89443
Is it the original case that came with the razor?....The seller may have used the case as a selling attraction to boast the sale?....I have a Valet Auto Strop VC1 which i use, and works with a de-spined/modified Personna/Gem PTFE blade which is identical to yours....Unfortunately it didn't come with it's case though...Hope this is some help.

PS: Below is a photo of mine with the modified Personna /Gem blade.

b.jpg

Last edited:
Hard to say, I doubt it is original to the case but I have another (rollers front and rear) in a similar case although no logo on the lid, so it’s definitely a Valet case although probably older than this particular razor.
Is it the original case that came with the razor?....The seller may have used the case as a selling attraction to boast the sale?....I have a Valet Auto Strop VC1 which i use, and works a de-spined/modified Personna/Gem PTFE blade which is identical to yours....Unfortunately it didn't come with it's case though...

PS: Below is a photo of mine with the modified Personna /Gem blade.

View attachment 89449

Hard to say, I doubt it is original to the case but I have another (rollers front and rear) in a similar case although no logo on the lid, so it’s definitely a Valet case although probably older than this particular razor.
Something of interest. http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=2035

Yes, modified GEM does work in this Valet And gives a pretty good shave. This particular Valet model was apparently marketed as an adjustable razor and it is possible for fine adjustment of the blade position but the comb section needs to be reasonably stiff in rotation I find to do this.

Back
Top Bottom