No Shaving Purchases 2021 and other suggestions for the year

A few years back I used a single blade for a month, as in same blade all month.
It worked out fine untill I changed it for a fresh one, I was using pressure to offset the dullness.
The razor burn on the first couple of shaves was just like when I started with de.

It's a group activity done just for fun,... you should try it sometime.

As mentioned in my today's SOTD post I am trying not purchase anything else shaving related this year. With a few BST opportunities I managed to grab I have enough new razors to try one every month until December. Slightly different story with soaps as I think I'll have enough to try a new one almost every week until the end of the year. So yes I am putting a stop to new purchases until 2022.
that's until something else comes up in BST and I'll think to myself it is too good to give it a miss.

So I'll try a theme of new month new razor new week new soap. (except this week when I had to return to my trusty SV Cubebe)

Open Comb OCtober

Time to give my OC razors a run out. October will see:

ATT R2
ATT S2
RazoRock Game Changer 0.68 OC
RazoRock Game Changer 0.68 Jaws
Gillette Old Type
Gillette New LC
Tatara Masamune OC
Karve OC-C (Brass and Aluminium)
Challenge complete. I can confidently say I prefer closed comb razors. There were some enjoyable surprises among this lot. Others have been sold since use.

I’m more than happy to participate in any themed shave if i have the equipment.
straights are out for me,
i feel iv spent enough and don’t want to go down a different route or i’ll end up with more than some shops lol.

i like the idea of going vintage for a month but i don’t have any vintage brushes & not to many blades either

It is tempting to grow a beard. Effortlessly shaving it off with a straight at the end of the month would be very satisfying.
That’s what went across my head too! As much as I definitely wouldn’t be able to commit to growing a beard for a whole month…. Even the thought of shaving off a months growth is so satisfying!