Nice Razors If You Can Afford Them....

Adam D said:
Haven't Toggles gone for more than that on ebay recently?

Almost worth buying it and then putting it on the bay of thieves to see what it would go for!

i have seen sets like that go for £350 - 400 and sometimes more !!!

always worth looking at other sites apart from ebay...

that executive is the good buy there, fully rhodium plated, apart from the diplomat these were the only US Rhodium Razors, it's still a chunk of cash and i know the set looks a bit tatty but with some leather cleaner and a gentle metal cleaner and polish that would be a nice addition to anyones collection, if i had the cash i would be all over it right now...

More info on the set:

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1378QAUxTc&feature=related[/video]

sunburyboy93 said:
[that executive is the good buy there, fully rhodium plated, apart from the President these were the only US Rhodium Razors, it's still a chunk of cash and i know the set looks a bit tatty but with some leather cleaner and a gentle metal cleaner and polish that would be a nice addition to anyones collection, if i had the cash i would be all over it right now...

More info on the set:

Yeah, you're right about the Executive being a sorta crown jewel of the US made razors. You don't see those come up in any shape all that often.

Guy I know sold his a little while back, I'll include the ebay auction # 260858553689 if anyone's interested.

Martin

Steve, I switched 'President' instead of the 'Diplomat' you had in there.

Steve - I wouldn't bother with those... Knowing your luck at the car boots, you'll stumble across both of those in NOS condition and pick them up for a fiver for the pair! :D

That president does look lovely doesn't it? The magpie in me is waking up.... Mmmmm.... Shiny!

Hax said:
Steve - I wouldn't bother with those... Knowing your luck at the car boots, you'll stumble across both of those in NOS condition and pick them up for a fiver for the pair! :D

I have Steve at a rare disadvantage here with the US made Executive. Not much chance of those turning up in a UK estate sale or flea market or boot sale or whatever, but here in the Midwest....you never know. I have found a few unusual pieces over the years.

A cased Executive in great shape found at a flea market would almost certainly be well under $100 and maybe less than $50, and the same is true of many estate sale situations. Same would be true of that damn 195 (one bastard silverback). The trick is to find em....price usually isn't gonna be an issue.

Martin

dodgy said:
Hax said:

I have Steve at a rare disadvantage here with the US made Executive. Not much chance of those turning up in a UK estate sale or flea market or boot sale or whatever, but here in the Midwest....you never know. I have found a few unusual pieces over the years.

A cased Executive in great shape found at a flea market would almost certainly be well under $100 and maybe less than $50, and the same is true of many estate sale situations. Same would be true of that damn 195 (one bastard silverback). The trick is to find em....price usually isn't gonna be an issue.

Martin

That's the thing, finding the bloody things over here, i think i will need to plan a three month road trip across the USA, checking every Antique store, estate sale, flea market i can find...i think my GF would dump me if i announced such a plan though :icon_sad::icon_sad: !!

Martin, next year i'm going to employ you as my "American Picker" !

When I was out in Kansas a couple of months ago, we drove passed a few "garage sale" signs. Unfortunately we were on our way somewhere so we couldn't stop. Not that my workmates would have appreciated the reason for the stop anyway!

Hopefully the next time work sends me out I'll get the chance to go hunting for these sales and maybe find a little something special!

Hey, I can dream can't I? :D

Tall_Paul said:
Lovely.

Has anyone noticed how he doesn't mention shipping to the UK though?

A certain over the pond based agent could prove very useful. Any volunteers?

Only had one person refuse to ship overseas, then a certain very DODGY person helped me out :icon_razz:

sunburyboy93 said:
dodgy said:
Hax said:

Martin

Martin, next year i'm going to employ you as my "American Picker" !.........Back of the line Steve.....:icon_razz::icon_razz:
Took a good look at the case, I think the chrome has gone through in places and the knurling on the handle has taken a few knocks, but its priced to its condition I guess
Still nice razor to have if you have the spare cash.............

Back
Top Bottom