Newbie questions

Looking for some advice.

I used to have a coffee machine £90 from Argos had a drip coffee a pressurised thing and a steamer for cappuccinos. We chucked it out as it was huge and I only drank coffee.

I now only have a small caffitiere?

Now the wifey has started to like coffee to mainly americanos with a shot of syrup. Just come back from holiday where they had a little machine in the room where you put coffee bags ( like a tea bag) in a compartment filed the other up with water and it worked like a drip machine.
She was impressed so said we could get one when we got back.

So can someone tell me the difference between coffee made by dripping / in a caffitiere /French press / them pots you put on the stove and pressured machines?

Would I need a grinder with all of the above?
Not into expressos , capachinos arnt really that important just a nice coffee that I can put milk in

Cheers guys

Think I have a bit of wriggle room.
I would not get one of those pod machine things, also thing something like a pressure machine would be off the cards

Cheers I think I am going to get a Chemex and a grinder
Either Hario Skerton , Knock Hausgrind , Hario Slim or Porlex
Been told that I should be able to get Chemex, grinder and a few beans for £65 is this true as I cant seem to find them at that price.
What are the shops I should be looking at?

cheers

Try Machina Espresso, HasBean or Coffee Hit - all online for equipment - consider an Aeropress too - lots of scope for different methods. Rave for beans would be my recommendation for quality but reasonably prices beans.

Back
Top Bottom