Newbie Pass Around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks - There are over 100 pages of information here, so can I ask what's in this box please?

The reason I ask is, I find myself with a duplicate purchase of a stash of blades which are surplus to my requirements and so rather that start a "Great TSR Blade Passaround", perhaps this box is a better place to drop that lot into. I had thoughts that we could also drop in soap samples and perhaps even razors ... and then found this thread is already doing that. Potentially.

Right! What's in the box? Does it want a stash of fresh blades dropped in? Might it be better to start a fresh blade passaround?

ACtC-3fGKSlYscRQhrWga4-cHWGIbjdUdIjK6o4XPUAd4bzwt0Z0WinwIbyv9bGUYCKlrc_oPI_y_Q1-IJDLAoa-jB9_rQEiAfQywSRXzAfp0n_LnZ7hyYUEKh4BEhhVhY-KdZlZ3I9vqEpNvfmF1AUtedm4eA=w1200
I'm not entirely sure yet, could update once box arrives . From what I've read (was jumping around the pages here, since there's no way im reading over 100 of them ) there seems to be a bit of everything, some razor blades, brush, soaps, aftershave?, razors, I'm guessing some shaving bowl too. Could be a good place to add them to.

Hi folks - There are over 100 pages of information here, so can I ask what's in this box please?

The reason I ask is, I find myself with a duplicate purchase of a stash of blades which are surplus to my requirements and so rather that start a "Great TSR Blade Passaround", perhaps this box is a better place to drop that lot into. I had thoughts that we could also drop in soap samples and perhaps even razors ... and then found this thread is already doing that. Potentially.

Right! What's in the box? Does it want a stash of fresh blades dropped in? Might it be better to start a fresh blade passaround?

ACtC-3fGKSlYscRQhrWga4-cHWGIbjdUdIjK6o4XPUAd4bzwt0Z0WinwIbyv9bGUYCKlrc_oPI_y_Q1-IJDLAoa-jB9_rQEiAfQywSRXzAfp0n_LnZ7hyYUEKh4BEhhVhY-KdZlZ3I9vqEpNvfmF1AUtedm4eA=w1200
I gave a few tucks to a pal and have sent the rest on to @Scorpio93

It sounds like the box is getting a little bereft of blades, so that will help in the interim ... but if anyone has a glut, please consider topping up this passaround.

Who is the box going to next please? I have some blades etc that I received in a pif from @Weean, I’ll send them over to top levels up.
I’ll be sending the box over to stanmo next I believe, will probably organise courier for next weekend . If you want to you can send them over to me and I’ll add them to the box, alternatively you can post them over to stanmo so they can wait there :)

I’ll be sending the box over to stanmo next I believe, will probably organise courier for next weekend . If you want to you can send them over to me and I’ll add them to the box, alternatively you can post them over to stanmo so they can wait there :)
Thanks, I'll send them over to @Stanno so no risk of them getting to you after you've posted the box on.

(If you want a courier, I use senditnow.com for posting bikes/frames.)

@tadpole and @Scorpio93 I think I will politely decline the newbie box, if you don’t mind. I feel like it’s going to make me want to buy things and I think I’ve got enough bits to try out at the moment

I think @Jester would like a go?

Thank you for offering to send it on to me though.

There speaks a very sensible man! (Quite out of character for this forum, ahem, @Boycie83 @Blademonkey ...)

Last edited:
@tadpole and @Scorpio93 I think I will politely decline the newbie box, if you don’t mind. I feel like it’s going to make me want to buy things and I think I’ve got enough bits to try out at the moment

I'm up for that. I'd love a rummage in the box to be honest - ironically for the same reason as @Stanno has declined. I need to hone my tastes instead of jumping at any new product someone flags on here :LOL:
I'll keep bumping the Fatboy, so I'm not sitting on all of the Passarounds by default.

Last edited:

Oh it definitely would make you want to buy more things, that’s a guaranteed now ... for me it already made me purchase 4 things, and probably about 6 more on to get list lol!

Well, the box has arrived safe and secure (thanks @Scorpio93 .) Who do I send my chiropractor's bill to - there's some serious weight to that box :LOL:
I'm certainly going to be busy for a while - the soap selection's exactly what I was hoping for, and I'll probably focus on those as a priority before I'm ready to move on.
Glad it got there safely! haha brilliant, that was exactly my reaction when i picked it up at the door !

I'm just about ready to release the box back into the wild. Just got to a arrange a fork lift truck and a wagon to pick it up ;) @Crossan, I believe you're the only name down at the moment, so if you you message me your details I'll get it sorted this week.

I've chucked a few of my tucks of blades in the box, including some of the Tigers I received from Joe @Asfalloth . So with those, @pjgh 's contribution and the blades @tadpole mailed me to add, it's looking very good. I've also put a few of the Gems that @Satanfriendly dropped me as there was only one blade left for the Ever Ready razor.

Thanks to everyone involved in curating the box over the years. I've got away lightly, with just some rose stuff purchased on the back of trying the soaps, with lime to follow. In fact I'd go as far as to say it's a nett win, as the amount of scents that turned me off and saved me buying soaps I'd not get on with was huge :ROFLMAO: I now know I'm a floral, fresh, woody person and definitely not a coffee, peanut butter or dense smoke lover!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom